The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just now, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Whilst I have my conspiracy theory that Southgate is doing it to spite Villa, the other much more plausible reason is just that Southgate is a shit manager that doesn't know how to use creative players, see: Maddison, Mount (barely any game time) and Alli (been shit for England since he took over).

There is no conspiracy, Southgate doesn't know where/if Grealish can fit into his team.

Mings is also getting caps so it isn't anti-Villa.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

There is no conspiracy, Southgate doesn't know where/if Grealish can fit into his team.

Mings is also getting caps so it isn't anti-Villa.

Yeah its clearly not an anti-villa thing. My hang up is that Southgate knows Jack wants to play in the middle for England, but isn't brave enough to pick him there even though he's clearly a level above the likes of Ward-Prowse and Mount etc. As many have said before, England are very 'samey' and have no creativity through the middle which is exactly why people have been clamouring for a middle pairing of Grealish and Foden for a while now. Sit a DCM in behind those two and jobs a goodun. 

Southgate on the other hand wants to select 5 DCM's......

8 hours ago, blandy said:

He didn't have a great Lockdown, did he?

8 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Neither did Mount or Walker, Sterling was recently At a party where Usain Bolt has subsequently tested positive, England captain Maguire has just been arrested. Yes there is differing scales, but Jack shouldn’t be the only one punished. It seems more deep rooted, like Southgate has something against Jack.

Without my Villa hat on, there is clearly something personal going on.

1) States Grealish needs to be playing in the Prem to get a chance - selects Phillips.

2) Possibly Jack's historic behaviour has caused the non-selection - Maguire is arrested for assaulting a Police officer and either him or one of his friends are charged with attempted bribery of an offocial - Maguire gets selected. (also other lockdown issues with Walker et al/etc)

3) Grealish needs to "show his talent at a big club" - Mings has been selected more than once whilst playing for Villa, Heaton was also selected when he was fit.

For me, there is literally no good (or even explainable) reason for Grealish not to be selected, he was clearly one of the best English players in the league this season, only reasons i can genuinely see are:

1) Southgate genuinely has something personal against Grealish.

2) Southgate is incompetent.

3) Both 1 & 2.

I'm not just saying this becuase im a Villa fan, its my honest un-biased opinion, Grealish should 100% be in the squad, to argue otherwise and beleive it is just nuts.

But tbh, f*ck the England national team anyways, perrenial under-achievers run by incompetent monkey's, as others have said, that recent semi final was by lucking out and playing teams we would be expected to beat, then losing to the first half decent team we came up against (Croatia).

Southgate is a tool, and a cr*p manager.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, blandy said:

I don't think so. I like him. He's been a good England manager, too. I'd absolutely have Jack in the England squad, by the way. But not picking him doesn't render Southgate necessarily all the bad things he gets called or slated for.

I honestly thought we were shit in the world cup considering who we played, how we played and where our goals came from.

Much like when Bruce managed us, he gets credit from me for bringing a togetherness the squad hadn't seen in a while, but now it's time to get a proper coach in with a forward thinking philosophy. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I find it incredible the thread has gone into a meltdown because Grealish hasn't been picked for a meaningless England friendly.

I would agree with the who negativity had this been the Euro2021 squad that had just been announced!

If he cant make this one he wont get in the euro21 squad. Its understandable the reactions. If he moves to Man U or City I bet Southgate picks him. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I honestly thought we were shit in the world cup considering who we played, how we played and where our goals came from.

Me too, the only good teams we played beat us, and we had a number of penalties.

59 minutes ago, Genie said:

Hold on, aren't these who missed out, the ones who were recently on holiday with Jack as well 🤔

• Like 1

To be honest this is embarrassing from Southgate. Nothing more to be said really, just wait for him to inevitably lose his job for putting out samey teams who can't keep the ball and hit their ceiling.

Edited by AndyClarke

Having calm down a bit, I hope JG takes this opportunity further and improve on his game and consistency (while staying with us) so that there is in no way he can be missed out for the next call up.

Southgate is still a word removed though! Come on Denmark and Iceland!!!!

1 hour ago, hippo said:

I think Ireland would shift heaven and earth to try though

Looks like the rules are changing:

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2020/08/20/new-fifa-proposal-would-give-some-cap-tied-players-more-flexibility-switch-national

A new proposal from FIFA could give players more leeway to change the the national teams they represent if they have fallen out of favor with their current national team, with several caveats.

Â