The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

Think he is the best player from the academy the break through in years ,has hit a blip no doubt but is only 20 and only a handful of games played ,still has a massive part to play in keeping us up ,he has huge ability not the finished article but he will make it no doubt .

• Like 2

I think that, from the list of players up for the golden shoe award, we should buy that Dundalk player called R Towell in January. Then, if we are looking perilously close to going down, we can give him a start just so the rag headline writers can finish us off with "DESPERATE VILLA THROW THE TOWELL IN" 

Badum tsss. Some useless info though. Both Towell and his teammate Horgan are being sniffed around by Bolton at the moment. Towell with all those goals is actually a midfielder.

A midfielder you say?  So Towell is also handy when you need to soak up pressure :ph34r:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Garde clearly knows and sees that he has huge potential but that he's maybe become a bit too comfortable. Sherwood had the right idea in giving him confidence but he went overboard and talked about like he was the next Messi.  You need a bit of balance, no 19/20 year old will profit from hearing that he's the best thing the football world has seen in 20 years. 

I agree with DCJonah, I'm sure we'll see the best of Jack under Garde.

Sucks seeing players like Alli especially since we almost signed him starting for England.. I know it's rare at that age but with Grealish I thought we finally had our star. He's 20 now and seems to have gone backwards this season. He looked lost on the field at times. I am hoping Garde can still make him our star. His comments were exactly what he needs imo. Sherwood blew too much hot air. Needs time on the bench and some structure/instructions to his game. I just hope he takes it on board and Doesn't hate the new manager due to his relationship with Sherwood 

Edited by KSV

2 hours ago, KSV said:

Sucks seeing players like Alli especially since we almost signed him starting for England.. I know it's rare at that age but with Grealish I thought we finally had our star. He's 20 now and seems to have gone backwards this season. He looked lost on the field at times. I am hoping Garde can still make him our star. His comments were exactly what he needs imo. Sherwood blew too much hot air. Needs time on the bench and some structure/instructions to his game. I just hope he takes it on board and Doesn't hate the new manager due to his relationship with Sherwood 

In fairness to Jack, no one has performed well this season hence why we are in the position we are. But I agree with Garde's comments and I think they based around effort and attitude more than ability. It's easy for a young player to think he is the finished article especially with a lot of media hype, so they don't think they need to improve.

Good managers know which players need a kick and which ones need a cuddle......and when. I got the impression that under Sherwood, even if Jack showed a total lack of effort for 90 minutes or in training, it would go under the radar. If Jack does take these comments negatively, that says more about his attitude than Garde's ability as a manager. However I doubt this to be the case. 

• Like 1

Remi hit the nail on the head again with his comments on Grealish, loads of running around but not effective in his last couple of games for us. 

I'm confident Remi will get the very best out of Grealish, we are going to have one hell of a player on our hands by the end of the season.

It's true tbh he's got ahead of his station somewhat and i think all the talk about England has got to his head

he needs to knuckle down and develop more as a player for me and i think he will only improve with age and with Remi guiding him and teaching him a more disciplined way of playing

So when is he going to grace the England team with his presence?

I was always worried by that declaration. He is a million **** miles off and I hope it dawns on him.

Hasn't put anything in today at all. Young kid making his way in the game fair enough, maybe lacking confidence...but that does not excuse the clear lack of worth ethic and the slumped shoulders. 

Â