The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

Really Steve?

At least he looked forward, turned forward, committed players, stretched the game, made space for other players, looked comfortable on the ball.Hes not ready yet, but a 19 year old who shows enthusiasm against 2 poor excuses for Premier Lge players, who hide and do nothing in a game, i know who i prefer.

Really Steve?

At least he looked forward, turned forward, committed players, stretched the game, made space for other players, looked comfortable on the ball.Hes not ready yet, but a 19 year old who shows enthusiasm against 2 poor excuses for Premier Lge players, who hide and do nothing in a game, i know who i prefer.

He didn't do any of that.

Yes he turned forward, but apart from winning one foul, he threw himself on the ground, ran it out of play, or gave it away.

He looked anything but comfortable on the ball.

He's clearly a very talented lad and I know he's going to be a big player for us. BUt he was crap today.

That's no big deal. he's a teenager and you would expect that every now and then.

But today showed why he probably isn't starting, because he's young and raw and ultimately prone to inconsistency.

He'll get there, but he's not there yet.

Today was definitely one to learn from.

He didn't perform brilliantly. BUT he was positive, when he got the ball he wanted to run and commit defenders.  Yes he went to ground easily today, but he is a lightweight 19 year old, he will learn how to ride it or accept it etc.  We never look to get in behind a defence, we just pass in front of them, at least with Grealish standing on the touchline, when we pass it to him 1 on 1 with the fullback he looks to run past him to get a cross in.  I think he is worth longer on the pitch.

at the moment hes having to come on for 20 minutes and basically have the responsibility for creating something and winning us the game in that time. not ideal for him, as its a lot of pressure.

i think if he was coming on in a situation where were winning, or at least drawing having already scored, he might look better. today he was trying to do too much himself.

i also think giving him a start may actually help - he wont have the pressure of thinking hes only got a short time to do something. its also not like gabby, weimann and cleverly are doing anything after getting the start anyway, so im not sure we would lose anything by giving him a shot

Edited by andym
  • Like 1

at the moment hes having to come on for 20 minutes and basically have the responsibility for creating something and winning us the game in that time. not ideal for him, as its a lot of pressure.

i think if he was coming on in a situation where were winning, or at least drawing having already scored, he might look better. today he was trying to do too much himself.

i also think giving him a start may actually help - he wont have the pressure of thinking hes only got a short time to do something. its also not like gabby, weimann and cleverly are doing anything after getting the start anyway, so im not sure we would lose anything by giving him a shot

He had half an hour today.

No its not 90 minutes, but its not like he got 5 minutes at the end of the game.

He is not an impact sub, he has proved this. Be better starting with him and bringing him off if he tires or has a poor performance. 

He isn't?

Does he make an IMPACT when he comes on as a SUB?

I let you answer that one after today!

He is not an impact sub, he has proved this. Be better starting with him and bringing him off if he tires or has a poor performance. 

He isn't?

Does he make an IMPACT when he comes on as a SUB?

I let you answer that one after today!

He has been making an impact as a sub until today though?

I'm really unsure what your point is. 

Edited by StefanAVFC

I think people are expecting too much of him. He's not as good as a lot of people are making out. Yesterday the Holte were chanting for him to come on. He came on, and did hardly anything (admittedly, he only had half an hour).

I don't doubt that he has the potential to be that good, and we've seen glimpses of a good player in there, but right now his game only consists of tidy passes, a few direct runs, dives and a lack of workrate.

Â