The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Grealish stats

5 touches

100% passing accuracy.

1 key pass

Was not dispossessed and did not turn over the ball

Didn't do enough for me though as he went missing for long periods (approx 85 minutes).

Callum Robinson did okay too -

11 touches

1 key pass

Won 2 fouls

I'd start them both against Spurs or bring them on 60'. Give them some proper time. Who cares about the score.

Jesus christ, it's difficult to understand if you're serious, authistic or just winding up people. Are you seriously mentioning key passes for players that played 5 minutes as a gesture from Lambert - in a space of time where we let in two goals? Even I could have played ten easy passes to a team-mate and call it a 100% success. Key passes my ass...

Joke-Goes-Over-Your-Head-Star-Trek-Gif.g

Good to see him in a debut.  Did nothing to scare me about his talent or ability.... but come on, son, pull up your socks.  Not only do you look ridiculous, but when I played a bit of an enforcer role, I would know just how high to aim my studs and hit ya'.  Don't give the beasts a target, son!

Good to see him in a debut.  Did nothing to scare me about his talent or ability.... but come on, son, pull up your socks.  Not only do you look ridiculous, but when I played a bit of an enforcer role, I would know just how high to aim my studs and hit ya'.  Don't give the beasts a target, son!

I suspect it is strategic rather than for fashionable reasons Grealish wears his socks like that. (Some journalist will eventually ask him a question about that).

If he pulled up his socks the refs won't get to see the damage done to his shins by nasty players, and he can use that evidence - and his obvious vulnerability - to persuade the refs to give him more protection.

Also, a larger shin pad would not stop him getting an Aaron Ramsey or Eduardo leg breaker injury - so why bother if wearing one would negatively affect your playing performance?

The downside are more scrapes and bruises from accidental collisions and a reluctance to "get stuck in" the tackle.

• Like 1

didn't he get clattered quite regularly while on loan?  (that's rhetorical, if you read this thread back, you'll see the answer is yes)   Ya' wear a target, that's what happens.

I don't buy the "it provides evidence" theory.  Name someone who is doing that strategy successfully?  (rhetorical again.  You'll have to find someone else wearing their socks that way, so you won't find one.)

If you think about it, showing the referee the damage happens a lot.  It never works.  I remember Baker showing his chest to the ref after he got raked.  It didn't work.  I refereed for over 25 years at a high level.  Players will show old wounds that are already scabbed or healed like they're fresh blood.  I've even seen a player rake his own shin and then show it to me.

BTW, my learned response was to react with great concern for their health and safety, and insist that they leave the field for medical attention....  Lengthy... medical attention.   I don't know if it helped.  But it made me feel better  :)

However, the bigger point is, he did move well, looked confident, stroked the ball well, and I'm excited to see more of him.  Personally, I would start him ahead of KEA.

Going to be a nice footballer, hopefully for us.

Him/or Robinson should have started on wens.Far too negative, what on earth were we trying to help Lplop for?

We should have been looking to the future and trying the kids.

didn't he get clattered quite regularly while on loan?  (that's rhetorical, if you read this thread back, you'll see the answer is yes)   Ya' wear a target, that's what happens.

I don't buy the "it provides evidence" theory.  Name someone who is doing that strategy successfully?  (rhetorical again.  You'll have to find someone else wearing their socks that way, so you won't find one.)

If you think about it, showing the referee the damage happens a lot.  It never works.  I remember Baker showing his chest to the ref after he got raked.  It didn't work.  I refereed for over 25 years at a high level.  Players will show old wounds that are already scabbed or healed like they're fresh blood.  I've even seen a player rake his own shin and then show it to me.

BTW, my learned response was to react with great concern for their health and safety, and insist that they leave the field for medical attention....  Lengthy... medical attention.   I don't know if it helped.  But it made me feel better  :)

However, the bigger point is, he did move well, looked confident, stroked the ball well, and I'm excited to see more of him.  Personally, I would start him ahead of KEA.

I think we need KEA from a defensive perspective as he presses high up the pitch and makes a lot of tackles/interceptions.

We should play Jack behind two strikers in a diamond or play him as a winger IMO, opposite side to Albrighton

• Like 1

Anyone else get the impression Paul doesn't like this kid? He says that "he still has an absolute mile to go" but with other players like Benteke he says that "he could be anything he wants to be" . I just get the feeling that Lambert is only playing these kids (him and Robinson) because he feels he's pressurised into playing them.

Â