The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just now, Phil Silvers said:

reporter on talksport just defending citeh saying he has to, its ridiculous that people are saying they have just bought success and that they've only ever broken the uk transfer record twice. You have to admire their ambition trying to sign Grealish and kane, they mean business, very admirable too that they are going for English players. ffs, give me strength. We've got numpties on here too saying its not all about money, wobble youre heads.

Oh and suck shit Jack.

Mental if they get Kane as wel pep has spent close to 1B? Of course they have bought success but they are a scum 6 side so won't get any slack. Jack sold his soul and he will never be welcome back to Villa Park! 

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Is it? I understand he's a professional and strives for success and honours, but how satisfying is that success if it's completely unchallenging? We're talking about a team that hasn't lost a League Cup game for 5 years because they have players of Jack's quality as reserves. They're so far clear of the rest of the league it's kind of funny.

Of course it's bizarre.  The best players move to the very top clubs to win the most trophies.  They don't go "hrmmmm, Man City?  Nah, I'll go to West Ham please".  It just isn't a thing.

If we flipped the roles of Man City and Villa here, and Villa had won 3 out of the last 4 Premier League titles, the last 5 League Cups then targeted Phil Foden from Man City who were recently promoted from the Championship, do you honestly think we'd be sat here going "well he probably won't sign for us, because it's pretty boring".  Give me a break :D 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

If it’s true that players signed were told that Jack would be staying, only for him to change his mind thereafter, is going to be taken personally. 

I genuinely think even the owners, management and players were probably all taken by surprise.

It's one of the reasons it all feels so slimey to me.

I mean, they were all indicating he was going nowhere, and that the team was being built around him, even after seasons close.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

21 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Nah I’m gone now.  I just wanted something concrete and the photo of him in the Man City car got me there.  I’m in the angry phase now!

All the fluffy stuff now from others about wishing him well and we shouldn’t be call him a snake just grates at me at the moment.

One of our own turns his back on us, he’s a snake and he can go f##k himself!

at least he looks unhappy  plus more incomings

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I genuinely think even the owners, management and players were probably all taken by surprise.

I’m leaning more towards that theory. If he states this has been agreed before the Euros, even the Totti stuff just comes off so false too. I think the club assumed he’d stay and extended the gesture to let him entertain the offer.   

Him barely getting any England minutes might have been the final nail in the coffin for him.

Always been saying he's been desperate to play for England, and maybe he felt he had to move to an elite club to become a regular.

• Like 1

Just now, bobzy said:

Of course it's bizarre.  The best players move to the very top clubs to win the most trophies.  They don't go "hrmmmm, Man City?  Nah, I'll go to West Ham please".  It just isn't a thing.

If we flipped the roles of Man City and Villa here, and Villa had won 3 out of the last 4 Premier League titles, the last 5 League Cups then targeted Phil Foden from Man City who were recently promoted from the Championship, do you honestly think we'd be sat here going "well he probably won't sign for us, because it's pretty boring".  Give me a break :D 

Nah you're being weird and twisting my words. I obviously wasn't implying he should move to a team that has little chance of challenging for trophies like West Ham nor am I even saying he shouldn't or won't sign for City, the appeal is obvious.

In fact I even made a direct comparison to when he was close to moving to United last season. There are teams like them, and Chelsea being another example who are cut off from teams like us sure, but trophies are generally challenging for trophies every season.

The comment was a commentary on Manchester City more than it was Jack.

Guessing everything must be in place now and it’s City just waiting on him to give the final go ahead and sign on the dotted line. 

Assume will happen in the next half hour, if doesn’t I think there’s still some serious conversations going on inside his head and with his family. 

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I mean, they were all indicating he was going nowhere, and that the team was being built around him, even after seasons close.

They were fully mugged and Jack lied to all of them. Deal was done months ago. 

• Like 1

Â