The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

33 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

If we're honest with ourselves as fans, yes Grealish has been a fantastic player for us, but its undeniable that he likes the flashy, celebrity, love island me me me culture and undoubtedly is swayed by the type of people who lack conviction and principles.

He has never been the home town hero, salt of the earth character that is humble and downplays things, like Alan Shearer or a true great who spent their whole career underachieving. We have to accept that this is the time we are living in now. Someone will step up to the plate and will probably get better stats then Jack did last year, if buendia can play 12 more games than him then he will score more and get more assists.

your right believes him self bigger and better than anyone else and thats not a villa fan

• Haha 1

Just now, Pissflaps said:

Mate let it go. Too many people who had previously said he may stay have said it's done.

He gone.NEXT

All I want is some proof, a dodgy photo or something.  These journalists and co have been saying this for 6 days now and we still have nothing.  It may very well be true but we have not seen one iota of anything apart from reporters reporting each other.  Give me something concrete and I will agree, I’m just asking for anything of that nature.

1 minute ago, StanBalaban said:

Well if he's gone, let's get over it and let's get on with it. We have Watford to play in a week and a half.

It's going to be awful seeing him turn out for City, but we have a whole team of players that need, and deserve, our support.

Buendia has the stats to match Jack, so let's hope he shines. Leon is a superstar in the making and we have Ollie, Emi #1, Tyrone, Targett and Konsa. All class players.

BT and Dougie to come back, and some more quality in the middle of the park and we'll have a really good season.

There's no doubting that Jack has that X-Factor. The looks, the hair, the swagger... but we need to build a well-oiled team that functions as one, instead of being reliant on one. 

I just hope this doesn't damage and destabilize us.

We have some easy fixtures to begin with and could really do with getting some points on the board as we have a horrible run of fixtures after that for a while.

16 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

It might galvanise the lads though. I can't help but feel this might have been a dig...

This might actually be the incentive they needed to start the season well.

I wonder if playing with Gresford was one of the attractions for him so he feels a bit let down? 

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

But how people can begrudge him the move is beyond me.

Because for some of us, the club takes priority every time and in his shoes, we wouldn't have gone to City. It all really depends on your perspective and what you value in life. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I'm sure this is a measure of his lack of charisma in the interview, but I was struck at the time by his complete lack of enthusiasm in the interview.

Very true. Compare it to how he talks about England.

Loves the glamour does Jack.

Edited by Tom13

2 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

{the video I have posted here is from last year, please don't think it's from this year and we're seeing a massive U-turn}

A year is a long time in football, I suppose. Watching the video from last year is quite the experience today: 

'My future lies at Aston Villa'. What he meant to say was: 'the next 11 months of my future'.

He didn't  'believe in the project': he believed in them paying you however many tens of thousands of pounds more per week. 

I'm sure this is a measure of his lack of charisma in the interview, but I was struck at the time by his complete lack of enthusiasm in the interview. He should have saved us some time: 'I signed the deal because the other clubs wouldn't meet Villa's asking price. But I'll be waiting for my agent to get a call from Pep as soon as possible'.

And here we are.

Can people not change their mind?

Is it not possible that in an interview when he's just signed a new contract that he did think his future was at Villa?

12 months later after he's had a great season, a good Euros, become THE superstar of English football, and has one of the best clubs and managers in the world wanting to sign him for a record transfer on huge wages to play with some of the best players in the world, including his idol in KDB... is it not possible that that could change somebody's mind?

I'll never cease to be amazed at the narrow mindedness of Villa fans. As if we have a gods given right to keep every player we want to keep just because we're villa.

We're a midtable club. Our best players get sold. It happens. Get over it

• Like 3

Looking like he's off, then. If he does go, I honestly hope he does well for them. I'll still enjoy watching him play because he's a fascinating player. But if he rotates in and out of the starting 11 and is played out of position and struggles to maintain his form and finds himself under pressure from the Plastico fans, I will **** LOL at him and ridicule him for walking away from Villa for easy "glory" with the Plasticos.

2 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

But my point is, he knew full well he wanted to leave last summer and yet he allowed all that tripe to be posted, hence getting the fans hopes up etc.

Just shows how much he cares really. Shows how Villa through and through he is.

you disassociate the football fan from the football player, being villa through and through doesn't mean you'll stay here for your whole career, especially when he's so far ahead of where we as a team are

discount the playoff win and say thats not a proper cup victory, he's lost 2 finals with us, im not sure what else you can say as a little boy and villa fan what else is there for him to do here? win the league? win the champions league? even qualify for the champions league? realistically will any of those things happen? because i dont think they will

i don fully see this need to hate him and hope that he doesn't succeed or not understand why he would choose the career city will give him over the career that we will, they are 2 very different things, i've got no bitterness towards him - all my bitterness and anger is aimed firmly at football and the premier league, its a complete load of bollocks, this has pissed me off and will make me more disinterested in football than any of the european super league stuff, its a futile sport that is in the gutter

• Like 1

Just now, lexicon said:

Because for some of us, the club takes priority every time and in his shoes, we wouldn't have gone to City. It all really depends on your perspective and what you value in life. 

But none of us have ever been in his shoes and never will.

None of us can say in his position we wouldn't go to City because we have no idea what it feels like.

It's nonsense

• Like 2

Â