The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Got my vote for young player of the season. No brainer.

I actually went for Okore - he's stepped up to plate when called upon and done well this season especially after a horrific injury

I know he had a stinker on Saturday but he forged quite a decent partnership with Clark when we literally had no other centre backs fit.

Expect Jack will win it though.

Oh here we go.  In fairness to Woy, the direct quotes are sensible and measured.

Aston Villa: Roy Hodgson talks for the first time about England's interest in Jack Grealish

Roy Hodgson has confirmed Aston Villa's teenage talent Jack Grealish is on England's radar and has been for quite a while.  With Ireland also pursuing Grealish, the 19-year-old winger has put his international future on hold to concentrate on his club career.  Grealish politely declined his first senior Ireland call up - for a match against England - when Martin O'Neill selected him earlier this month.  And Hodgson has revealed for the first time that the Three Lions are keeping tabs on the Birmingham-born wideboy.

Grealish qualifies to play for England through birth and Ireland through his family heritage.  Hodgson said Grealish was "on the radar" but would be left to make up his own mind.  "He's a very talented player," said the England boss. "He could play for either country. It's important we leave it to him." 

Grealish, who has played for Ireland at age group level, is focusing upon following in his great great grandfather's footsteps and winning the FA Cup with Villa.

Tim Sherwood's men complete their Premier League campaign at home to Burnley on Sunday before facing Arsenal in the cup final at Wembley on Saturday, May 30.

• Like 1

Oh here we go.  In fairness to Woy, the direct quotes are sensible and measured.

Aston Villa: Roy Hodgson talks for the first time about England's interest in Jack Grealish

Roy Hodgson has confirmed Aston Villa's teenage talent Jack Grealish is on England's radar and has been for quite a while.  With Ireland also pursuing Grealish, the 19-year-old winger has put his international future on hold to concentrate on his club career.  Grealish politely declined his first senior Ireland call up - for a match against England - when Martin O'Neill selected him earlier this month.  And Hodgson has revealed for the first time that the Three Lions are keeping tabs on the Birmingham-born wideboy.

Grealish qualifies to play for England through birth and Ireland through his family heritage.  Hodgson said Grealish was "on the radar" but would be left to make up his own mind.  "He's a very talented player," said the England boss. "He could play for either country. It's important we leave it to him." 

Grealish, who has played for Ireland at age group level, is focusing upon following in his great great grandfather's footsteps and winning the FA Cup with Villa.

Tim Sherwood's men complete their Premier League campaign at home to Burnley on Sunday before facing Arsenal in the cup final at Wembley on Saturday, May 30.

Hope this doesn't turn into a circus.

Also hope Grealish has better people around him than Sterling has

From what we've seen, it appears that he really does. Plus he seems to have a better head on his shoulders too.
  • Like 1

From what we've seen, it appears that he really does. Plus he seems to have a better head on his shoulders too.

To be fair that wouldn't be hard now would it?

Amazing comments for someone who has started about 6 games

I think he's obviously someone everyone has known about for awhile. His impressive displays in just 6 starts have probably just confirmed what everyone had been hearing.

Well the Brum Mail reckon Woy was rightly afraid of the reaction Grealish would get if he travelled to Ireland as part of the England squad.  Which is a roundabout way of Woy letting slip (as only Woy can) that he would have picked him against another opponent.  Ergo I think we can tentatively guess that Jack has chosen England.

Well the Brum Mail reckon Woy was rightly afraid of the reaction Grealish would get if he travelled to Ireland as part of the England squad. Which is a roundabout way of Woy letting slip (as only Woy can) that he would have picked him against another opponent. Ergo I think we can tentatively guess that Jack has chosen England.

Probably been tapped up by Delph and Cleverley.
  • Like 3

Well the Brum Mail reckon Woy was rightly afraid of the reaction Grealish would get if he travelled to Ireland as part of the England squad. Which is a roundabout way of Woy letting slip (as only Woy can) that he would have picked him against another opponent. Ergo I think we can tentatively guess that Jack has chosen England.

Probably been tapped up by Delph and Cleverley.

And Bennett.

Â