The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I have just ordered my cup final shirt with Grealish 40 on the back! Why not!

How much?

Coming to NI it was £56 all in. I take a size small in the tent like fit of Macron so I wanted to get it as the smaller sizes sell out first and I missed out on the cup final shirt in 2010 in my size. I collect shirts you see! Of course I know it was over priced but sure...

• Like 1

However his granddad was born in Ireland and he has played a few non competitive youth level games for them so he's Irish? 

3 of his grandparents are Irish

However his granddad was born in Ireland and he has played a few non competitive youth level games for them so he's Irish? 

Yes so are mine but that doesn't make me Irish. 

Without wanting to open a massive OT can of worms, I think you just have to go with people's own personal perceptions and interpretations. I consider myself Birmingham Irish - born and raised in Brum to Irish parents (who subsequently went back to Ireland). My kids - who are, if you like, the same as Grealish, ie, third generation Irish - still have a real connection with Ireland, support them (and England) when it comes to football/rugby and play gaelic football etc. Basically, the roots can be deep.

• Like 3

Good on young Jack.  Anything that causes that turd O'Neill even a moderate amount of inconvenience is more than OK with me.

I know. I am actually enjoying Jack being a cock-tease to Keane and O'Nearly. 

Without wanting to open a massive OT can of worms, I think you just have to go with people's own personal perceptions and interpretations. I consider myself Birmingham Irish - born and raised in Brum to Irish parents (who subsequently went back to Ireland). My kids - who are, if you like, the same as Grealish, ie, third generation Irish - still have a real connection with Ireland, support them (and England) when it comes to football/rugby and play gaelic football etc. Basically, the roots can be deep.

I agree with, it was listening to Colin Murray going on about it on Talk Sport. Saying he's a brummie but his parents are Irish and he should play for Ireland. Well his parents were born and raised in England so surely that doesn't make them Irish even if they have connections with ireland. As you say though it depends on what Jack Grealish thinks hilmself. If he thinks he's Irish then play for Ireland. 

Does anyone think Jack will get a first XI squad number next season? Which ones do we think will be up for grabs?

Would like to see him get 10 or even 7 (with Bacuna getting a 3 or 2 maybe)

Well we have just had a huge insight into why we were so dire under Lambert.

His comments on SSN about Jack pretty much tell you all you need to know about what it was like.

Thank Gawd we got rid of the right one out of the two of them.

As regards his nationality as long as he breaks no rules why should anyone, particularly the media, judge him negatively whatever he chooses, he can do what he likes, full stop.

Some of the pontifications and winnings have been utterly deplorable, whose goddamn business is it ?!

We are the same general bunch of people who imported Zola Budd to run, have a guy with an Irish accent captaining our one day cricket squad, a south African born player running cricket, and thousands of other examples....aren't we ?

Ridiculous fuss over nothing, regardless what he chooses.

I've summarised lambos comments in his thread for anyone who is interested.

His comments on SSN about Jack pretty much tell you all you need to know about what it was like.

As regards his nationality as long as he breaks no rules why should anyone, particularly the media, judge him negatively whatever he chooses, he can do what he likes, full stop.

Some of the pontifications and winnings have been utterly deplorable, whose goddamn business is it ?!

What did he say?

https://youtu.be/lpEO7s5qwEI

guys here talking some sense on the Grealish situation and are spot on with it

Yeah that's pretty good none boombastic take on the situation. I don't know how English or Irish Jack feels, I know Irishness can go generations. Maybe he is genually split in two. Only him and his family know. I'm English, so of course I hope he picks England, but more importantly at the moment he's a Villan through and through and showing how good he is.

What did he say?

Yeh, what?

As regards his nationality as long as he breaks no rules why should anyone, particularly the media, judge him negatively whatever he chooses, he can do what he likes, full stop. Loop

What did he say?

Yeh, what?

I've put a summary in the Lambert thread earlier

Â