The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

This is the most laid back practice for a professional team I’ve ever seen.

Grealish shooting against Cash this morning with the music playing and other players bantering gave me proper lads holiday vibes. Was proper jealous.

So this is where we're now at here and Bluemoon where a shaking of the hands as taken place and now Grealish is either staying or going.

Did anyone ever think that this is a normal every training day routine that people do when the day is done and they leave the session and say goodbye to people?

1 minute ago, HalfTimePost said:

👀⏳

I love how people are trying to psychoanalyse a practice session and afterwards as if this is where the heavy conversation about contracts and that would be done.  Obviously likely to be chatting but these people are probably just socially chatting as well.  They know what’s going on and there is time for that talk but this likely also social chat, it’s only us that’s obsessed 24/7.  Lange probably asking where Jack’s gets his Hair bands from 😜

• Haha 1

On 01/08/2021 at 09:36, DaveAV1 said:

One of the big factors in all this is the attitude of NSWE. There’s no doubt that they could just say no, if they wanted to, provided there’s no contractual reason that they can’t. However they are astute businessmen who will look at this without the emotions that we have. Although they won’t undervalue that either. However they will have a value and a plan of what to do, either with or without Jack.

There are a huge amount of factors many of which we have discussed relentlessly on here. One factor I believe is stability. I think this is one of the things that they value quite highly. They’re not averse to change, but it has to be for good reason. I doubt they will be happy to go through this circus every 12 months, with such an important member of the squad. I know it comes with the territory but they will want a certain level of control and therefore stability as much as is possible in these type of circumstances. 

So I would conclude that they have more control of things than the media are reporting and are way ahead of the curve. If that means Jack has more or less signed a new contract or more or less is off, either way they won’t be working in the dark. The ultimate aim will be to put this to bed for the foreseeable future, whatever that may be. 

I have complete Faith in our owners too.....I think they too see it as win/win for Villa.

We all want Jack to stay, but £100 mill spent right makes a huge impact for us, on top of our planned budget......They will know this only too well.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

It feels a bit like a show for the fans (from the club, not with Jack in cahoots). There's no way we're negotiating with him on a park bench 10ft from 15 fans with their cameras out.

We're making it difficult for him and clear to the fans that we tried. I half expect the last thing we see is Nassef or Wes arrive and they all walk off and that's the end of it until an announcement either way.

I still think its over but it's the 2% hope that kills you.

31 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

It's not the player, it's the family member. And it's not the kind of service you're thinking of, I am being coy. You don't have to believe it tbh, I don't really care. But there we are. 

It was the milkman that did it 😉

I think Kane could be a game changer is this as I really don’t see city  getting both kane and grealish - kane forcing the issue could well see city move priorities - there seems to be no agreement  regarding  fee payment structure on grealish and I wouldn’t rule out city deciding to prioritise kane from here  and any move for Jack being shelved . 

That said city seem to think they can get both but I really don’t see that happening from here ,  I think the need for kane is greater priority - interesting to see how levy plays his hand from here .  

Sky still running the Villa to accept £100m headline.

Well what's the problem? The offers been made, we've presumably therefore accepted it.  Why isn't Jack over at Citeh getting the deal closed? 

4 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

It feels a bit like a show for the fans (from the club, not with Jack in cahoots). There's no way we're negotiating with him on a park bench 10ft from 15 fans with their cameras out.

We're making it difficult for him and clear to the fans that we tried. I half expect the last thing we see is Nassef or Wes arrive and they all walk off and that's the end of it until an announcement either way.

Lange is training up Youth in how to sign players like Jack, it's training day for the young Padawons 😂

Edited by Dave-R

3 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I’m at 2% he’s leaving, 98% he’s staying.  I just don’t see the above.

• Like 1

Potentially the biggest transfer in British Football History and they are all sitting on the bench having a chat, wtf. Will be a little annoyed with the club that they have been posting pictures of Grealish in training in the knowledge he is leaving. If the City bid has been accepted then I can’t think for one minute that this would be going on.

• Like 2

I think the club are playing a blinder. Away with the squad so no going off, public sessions showing everyone he hasn't gone yet, thrown in with a little we love and need you(at the moment) emotional blackmail. 

It's next level trolling. The fans think it's them being trolled but I think it's city that are. Obviously he may still go but I guarantee it will be on our terms and for more than the 100m discussed.

They will rinse city for every penny and they are letting everybody know he isn't going anywhere just yet. I don't see any clause in this scenario. Think about it, if a clause had been triggered Jack wouldn't be putting himself through this by choice which leads me to believe that ultimately the decision currently isn't in his hands but Aston Villa's. 

• Like 1

Â