The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 hours ago, Xela said:

What a draining situation. How dare a club outside the scum 6 have a great player. One thing that will definitely happen as a result of this saga is that my hatred of the tabloid press will increase. Absolute scum. 

Going on to Jack, I'd be disappointed if he left 10 months after signing a 5 year bumper contract and stating he was excited with the vision of the club. In that 10 months we have made real progress. Its not as if we have stalled, which might make him reconsider. We have made real strides. If @Fairy In Boots post is true, and he met Citeh pre Xmas, then that is 3 months after a new contract - that wouldn't look good at all. That being said, I can't see that being the case IMO. Hopefully his source has his wires crossed. 

I think the reason why people are more emotional on this transfer is because Jack is a Villa fan... he's the face of the club. He's the player our rebirth and rebuild is centred around. To lose that would be a hammer blow. He is probably the most marketable player in England now and quite rightly, we want him to stay and be part of our advancement. He's worth far more than £100m to us now.. i'd say double, taking into the image of him now and the possibilities that brings to the club. 

If he goes, he goes, the club survives and we move on and life continues... we've lost Platt and Yorke in the past and the sun still comes up the next morning. I did think after Jack's IG post yesterday that it was looking like he was staying... yet everyone seems to be on a downer today, which has soured my mood a bit! 

Regardless, we need to resolve it asap. Can't have this dragging on for another 7-10 days - the forum will be on fire! 

UTV

I don’t think Jack himself looks after all his social media mate. 

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I just don't understand why he'd leave now, but stay last season. It makes no sense. Unless he was holding out for Man City and not United (which would be weird given that according to reputable sources aka teenagers on Twitter, he's a boyhood United fan).

Last season it was "my club, my city" and "once I heard the owners' plans, I had to stay" etc. Did the owners' plans change in 10 months? If anything, we should be right on track. Can't wrap my head around staying after we nearly got relegated and then leaving when we're perfectly poised for a European place.

Yeah all sounds hollow now 

2 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Same guy said last year "Jack to Man Utd 100% done". Proven bullshitter.

If you’d have gone back another year I’d posted about Spurs, that’s common knowledge now. 

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

I'm not doubting your info but  , its a bit strange that during a  tier 4 lock down in London , all these people got together for a meeting in London and nobody saw them ?

you can't even test your eye sight in Bernard castle without 2875 witnesses running off to twitter  ..  

Easy to arrange a meeting in London when both parties are there. I’ve worked throughout it with some business meetings face to face. Also I don’t know the date of the meeting just it was before Xmas and we were out of lockdown 2/12/21 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

spacer.png

Just to start this evening's panic attacks. Conspicuous lack of anything Villa or 'looking forward to getting back to it's etc. 

**** me he looks like how I look after a lads holiday

2 minutes ago, The Moustache of Teale said:

Could somebody please explain this to me? Why does his DJ mate being completely knackered for next season have positive connotations? 

Being gassed is similar to being pumped or psyched or excited etc.

1 minute ago, birdman said:

In other news Drinkwater started for Chelsea in their friendly this evening and is playing rather well by all accounts. There's a lesson in hope right there! 

Darts teams play friendlies?

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Cancelled the old athletic subscription. It was getting trash already but the constant push notifications touting Jack for a move all summer are infuriating.

Not just the fact he is our player. It's just absolute waffle. Clickbait bollocks behind a slightly higher standard of article. It's descending.

Was going to post something similar earlier after reading the article on John Terry. The first 2 paragraphs are so unnecessarily negative:

This day was always going to come. John Terry made it clear that Aston Villa were a stepping stone in what he hopes will be a long, successful career in football management.

A part of him never truly got over that final season as a player. As Villa captain, he was distraught when the 2017-18 campaign ended in play-off defeat heartache and he subsequently hung up his boots.

We're pushing for top half / Europe, got a good coaching team and made good signings. The only thing seemingly going through Gregg Evans mind is "let's open the article nice and negative, that's the mood of the club right now." I mean talk about knowing your audience. 

The first article of the summer where he doesn't get to say how much he hopes Grealish will leave. 

3 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Was going to post something similar earlier after reading the article on John Terry. The first 2 paragraphs are so unnecessarily negative:

We're pushing for top half / Europe, got a good coaching team and made good signings. The only thing seemingly going through Gregg Evans mind is "let's open the article nice and negative, that's the mood of the club right now." I mean talk about knowing your audience. 

The first article of the summer where he doesn't get to say how much he hopes Grealish will leave. 

i'm paid up to next june annoyingly otherwise id cancel mine too. hes an absolute tosspot

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

spacer.png

Just to start this evening's panic attacks. Conspicuous lack of anything Villa or 'looking forward to getting back to it's etc. 

I wish one of our medical team would tell Jack that there is a correlation between alcohol consumption and increased stress fracture risk. He shouldn't be boozing then training hard in close proximity to each other. Do one or the other, but not both at the same time. Unless he was just on a bike or something and not running, in which case it's not a problem and I'm talking bollocks.

Edited by Deano & Dalian's Umbrella

1 hour ago, TRO said:

with or without Jack....I think it makes a difference to our decision making.

They don't have to do anything granted.

I understand your point, but he is either going or he isn't, which is it....they all must know now.

If Man City, don't come up with the money, they can put a stop to it.....Jack has just signed a 5 year contract, 10 months ago, whether, he wants to go or not, we don't have to sell.

We don't want to sell, so why should we be under this amount of pressure.....Arsenal wasn't with ESR, they just kept refusing bids.

I don't know if Man city have actually bid, so how can it be reported its at an advanced stage.

I think we’re getting our wires crossed. Of course the CLUB need to know what is going on.

The point I’m making is that Aston Villa don’t need to release a statement, which was your original suggestion - the FANS don’t NEED to know what’s going on.  Why on earth would the release a statement?

if a fan can’t handle the situation then thats his/her own personal issue. If he wants to cry because someone says ‘advanced’ then that’s his problem whether it be real or fake.

Whatever is going on behind the scenes, if anything at all, can continue to go on behind the scenes.

The people who NEED to know already know what’s going on.  How does the club releasing a statement about it change anything at all?

I trust them to do what’s best for Villa, and if he goes, I’d be pretty damn confident that they tried their absolute best to keep him.

What I’m not going to do is have a fit of rage because no one is keeping me in the loop of what is quite frankly - none of my damn business.

So - NO.  They shouldn’t put out any statements until there is a concrete statement to put out.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The posts from fairy seemed plausible but I wasn’t aware of any past history with his info from last year - open minded on it all , just wish we get a decision quickly so we can prepare for the season ahead - I think we need 2 or 3 more players in yet . 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Now I understand the antipathy toward Greg Evans. How could he possibly know the inner world of John Terry?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 7392craig said:

I know I’m opening a can of worms here. Ive mentioned before, I know a relative of Jacks. Last I heard was Jack was aware of all the City talk, it was his agent out for a best offer out of us. But that his intention was always to stay, that was about two weeks ago. I can’t say if anything’s changed, but I’ve remained fairly confident he’ll be staying.

just had a look back during the time @Fairy In Boots was adimant he was leaving you called it that he was staying. i know who i'm believing out of the two of you

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eastie said:

The posts from fairy seemed plausible but I wasn’t aware of any past history with his info from last year - open minded on it all , just wish we get a decision quickly so we can prepare for the season ahead - I think we need 2 or 3 more players in yet . 

What makes you think that we're not? 

The media struggling with uncertainty doesn't mean that we are

1 minute ago, Thug said:

I think we’re getting our wires crossed. Of course the CLUB need to know what is going on.

The point I’m making is that Aston Villa don’t need to release a statement, which was your original suggestion - the FANS don’t NEED to know what’s going on.  Why on earth would the release a statement?

if a fan can’t handle the situation then thats his/her own personal issue. If he wants to cry because someone says ‘advanced’ then that’s his problem whether it be real or fake.

Whatever is going on behind the scenes, if anything at all, can continue to go on behind the scenes.

The people who NEED to know already know what’s going on.  How does the club releasing a statement about it change anything at all?

I trust them to do what’s best for Villa, and if he goes, I’d be pretty damn confident that they tried their absolute best to keep him.

What I’m not going to do is have a fit of rage because no one is keeping me in the loop of what is quite frankly - none of my damn business.

So - NO.  They shouldn’t put out any statements until there is a concrete statement to put out.

Agree that club should keep quiet about things  if it assists the club as a whole. However, they shouldn’t disregard fans in the way you suggest. Would be massively disrespectful and an angry fan base is one that will cause problems.

Â