The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

33 minutes ago, Eastie said:

The problem is if he goes how will mings , Martinez watkins feel about the clubs ambitions ? We would need to recruit well and buy top quality players , Europe must be the aim next season with or without Jack 

Players are pretty self contained creatures they are hardened to the emotions of players moving on.....the bit that keeps players at a club apart from the obvious, money.....is the quaility of incoming players.

Players want to play with the best and be seen playing with the best by their contemporaries.....Recruitment is the key to success.

I don't want to see Jack go, I will make that clear.....but if he does the impact will be directly be apportioned to who we bring in.....we have to change our playing style slightly, but we could become more consistent, who knows.

I do not believe, one player, is bigger than the club....we have seen Platt, Gray, Yorke, all go and we are still here.

It really is all about, sharp ,prudent recruitment and then channeling that in to a balanced consistent outfit.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, blunther said:

If it was 300k a week versus us paying him fifty grand a year then yeah, jump ship. But we'd be talking about paying him £50m over five years. Plus whatever he makes from image rights and stuff. whatever he chooses he'll probably end his career with nine figures, so yes in his situation I'd choose villa and retiring at 35 with £100m in the bank versus some plastic shite and £150m in the bank at the end. Not like he or his family will ever want for anything.

If he chooses to go elsewhere for £70m over five years rather than stay at 'his club' for £50m over five years then the 'my club, my home' bullshit was just that: bullshit. And that's fine, we'll survive if he goes, but we can all cut the Mr Aston Villa crap out.

Yh well, maybe he wouldn’t be the one with life priority issues here.  

Each to their own, but for a 30% payrise I’d jump ship without much of a thought.

33 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Football needs to get rid of agents asap. Go to Independent FA appointed representatives for those too thick to understand a contract package.

They are actual parasites. Why tolerate them?

And also, imagine after all the corruption charges Man City are facing, and all the debacle over the ESL, having to hand them our best player and captain?

I'm a pretty tough cookie, I can stomach a lot, have been through a lot. But I would struggle with that.

Raiola demand 10 mil in Dortmunds deal for malen. Sickens me. Ridiculous. Barnett probably looks at a citeh transfer as 20 mil in cash. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Euros ended a while ago now, season starts in about 2 weeks. This needs to be squared away one way or the other. He needs to decide, now.

Totally agree.

4 minutes ago, Thug said:

Yh well, maybe he wouldn’t be the one with life priority issues here.  

Each to their own, but for a 30% payrise I’d jump ship without much of a thought.

Fair enough, you obviously care about money a lot more than me. I wouldn't move from my current job for just 30%, and I don't earn in a year close to what wor Jackie gets in a week. There's more to life.

If he leaves I doubt money will be the primary motivator. It'll be winning things. And that's absolutely fair enough for the vast majority of players, but for one who claims to be such an avid fan I'd question it... as someone else said earlier, one trophy with villa > 100 trophies with Man City. If I was one of the best players around I'd be playing for the Villa, quite happy with my £1m a month salary, and would much prefer say a League Cup then a statue outside the Holte to winning a few leagues for some franchise with vile owners who're playing with the cheat code on. Each to their own as you say.

Edited by blunther

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Raiola demand 10 mil in Dortmunds deal for malen. Sickens me. Ridiculous. Barnett probably looks at a citeh transfer as 20 mil in cash. 

Some of these scumbags make more money than Championship clubs. It's just not right.

There will be a bunch of individuals who are just making up stuff to pee us off.....they know he is a valued member of our team and winding us up will be their objective.

Just now, TRO said:

There will be a bunch of individuals who are just making up stuff to pee us off.....they know he is a valued member of our team and winding us up will be their objective.

You're right, and it has wound me up. And there's absolutely nothing concrete. Think I'm gonna bow out of this chat for a week. He either stays or goes, **** all any of us can do about it.

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

Players are pretty self contained creatures they are hardened to the emotions of players moving on.....the bit that keeps players ate a club apart from the obvious, money.....is the quaility of incoming players.

Players want to play with the best and be seen playing with the best by thier contemporaries.....Recruitment is the key to success.

I don't want to see Jack go, I will make that clear.....but if he does the impact will be directly be apportioned to who we bring in.....we have to change our playing style slightly, but we could become more consistent, who knows.

I do not believe, one player, is bigger than the club....we have seen Platt, Gray, Yorke, all go and we are still here.

It really is all about, sharp ,prudent recruitment and then channeling that in to a balanced consistent outfit.

Yes its crucial that if he does go we sign the right type of players and we can still keep moving forwards without Grealish. Of course I hope he stays!

10 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Sam Lee’s having a meltdown on Twitter. Ahaha. 

well his story this morning has clearly blown up more than he possibly could have imagined

still, probably gave the athletic a few more subscribers

Are there any footballers that don’t have agents?  I just don’t see what the leaches offer.  If I was a player I’d say deal directly with me thanks, I’m capable of making my own mind up.

2 minutes ago, blunther said:

You're right, and it has wound me up. And there's absolutely nothing concrete. Think I'm gonna bow out of this chat for a week. He either stays or goes, **** all any of us can do about it.

Agree. If he does go, though, the longer it takes for it to happen, the worse it is for the club as it has to react and move in whatever contingency players it spotted. If we are to sign people, I want to do it in this window: 100m spent in the summer goes a hell of a lot farther than the same amount in January’s window. 

Based on that, I’m going to assume I’d he’s leaving he’d make the decision earlier. 

I will say that if Kane stays at Tottenham after that farewell lap, and Grealish goes 10 months after signing a new deal….well, umm, **** football. 

5 minutes ago, blunther said:

Fair enough, you obviously care about money a lot more than me. I wouldn't move from my current job for just 30%, and I don't earn in a year close to what wor Jackie gets in a week. There's more to life.

If he leaves I doubt money will be the primary motivator. It'll be winning things. And that's absolutely fair enough for the vast majority of players, but for one who claims to be such an avid fan I'd question it... as someone else said earlier, one trophy with villa > 100 trophies with Man City. If I was one of the best players around I'd be playing for the Villa, quite happy with my £1m a month salary, and would much prefer say a League Cup then a statue outside the Holte to winning a few leagues for some franchise with vile owners who're playing with the cheat code on. Each to their own.

Jack has been with us since he was 6, his family are Villa nuts, his grandad played for us.

we will see , how much that counts at the end of the day.

Villa might not pay him what Man City will, but it will be a huge wedge.....With Man Utd, Chelsea, Leicester all posing formidable opposition, I'm not sure, where the certainty comes from on City scooping up.....They already lost in the Euro Final, they are not invincible.

Â