The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

38 minutes ago, Bunnski said:

I thought he was more Irish than English but found that one out the hard way when he jumped ship.

Had he ever even been to Ireland except to play football? I'm English and Australian but my great great something was Scottish and if they called me and asked me to play for them I probably would (for the experience), but if I had to make a choice between England/Australia or Scotland I'd drop Scotland in a heartbeat 

Jack isn't Irish, he's a Brummie who just happens to be eligible to play for them 

This season would be a bad year for us to be selling as well.  We've basically got 1 club apparently making an offer. 

Next summer you would think that some European Giants get a bit more back to normal, could have a few clubs fighting for him. He WILL have a blinder next season, if we fail to get Europe who knows how much he's worth in more normal times. 

On 25/06/2021 at 13:14, DaveAV1 said:

They’d have to throw an extra £50m in to get us to take Sterling. 

How much did Stephen Ireland cost us in terms of lost transfer cash we could have spent better and wasted wages? Don't want any teams cast offs in part exchange.  Not that Sterling would ever agree to come here anyway. 

• Like 1

On 25/06/2021 at 13:22, TheMelvillan said:

After all the bad times, relegations, crap managers, crap teammates, criminal and/or incompetent owners, thrown cabbages, cancelled goal of the month competitions,

Incredible really that after all that we're up in arms about potentially losing a player for £100m.

We've sure had a few sliding doors moments. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, weedman said:

Had he ever even been to Ireland except to play football 

His family are more Irish than seems to be let on. As a kid, Jack played Gaelic Football and even played it in Croke Park.

Had he ever even been to Ireland except to play football? I'm English and Australian but my great great something was Scottish and if they called me and asked me to play for them I probably would (for the experience), but if I had to make a choice between England/Australia or Scotland I'd drop Scotland in a heartbeat 

Jack isn't Irish, he's a Brummie who just happens to be eligible to play for them 

It shows his character. I'd love to see him stay at Villa and become a club icon but it's very possible that he chooses to leave for a more established team competing at the top.

On 25/06/2021 at 14:11, maqroll said:

I wonder what an all-time "One Club Starting XI" would look like...

Maldini

Totti

Le Tissier

Raul?

Iniesta

help me out, guys

Steve Bull would definitely be in there. 

As kitman. 

On 25/06/2021 at 15:11, MotoMkali said:

Damn it. It's so hard. I thought he was a youth player. Ugh. 

He did have. Just played for other clubs before rejoining them. Damnit

image.png.f1b6da0e1aa2f6dd0a35d8a4c240e068.png

• Haha 1

This is a bit of an oversimplification. There's a huge Irish community in Birmingham, and as such there are many Brummies who support Ireland over England. As has been pointed out by someone else, Jack's background is certainly more Irish than a lot of people seem to realise.

Tbh its never really sat right with me that he switched back to England after representing Ireland and having just been presented with their young player of the year award. It's his choice of course, but if you want to represent England then you should do so right from youth level, not switch allegiances after another country has invested signficant time and money into your development

7 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

This is a bit of an oversimplification. There's a huge Irish community in Birmingham, and as such there are many Brummies who support Ireland over England. As has been pointed out by someone else, Jack's background is certainly more Irish than a lot of people seem to realise.

Tbh its never really sat right with me that he switched back to England after representing Ireland and having just been presented with their young player of the year award. It's his choice of course, but if you want to represent England then you should do so right from youth level, not switch allegiances after another country has invested signficant time and money into your development

Countries pick players no money or time is invested in a players development!  That is down to Villa.

• Like 2

I see the story's on the net are now changing from Grealish leaving for City to Villa are now opening contract talks with Grealish or doing our hardest to keep Grealish.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

I'm one of those that's an Aston Villa fan first and then I'll have an affinity for the players. If Jack Grealish leaves he's no longer a villa player therefore like all the other opposition players will be booed by me. 

Aston Villa shouldn't give a toss about jack's career unless it's it with us do you think he'd deliberately miss for his team that need a win if presented with a chance that means we get relegated?

All this one man club nonsense is a load of hogwash. Footballers want to earn as much money as they can and win as many trophies as they can. Totti won titles at Roma and they were seen as title challengers for most of his Roma career.

Personally, I wouldn’t ever boo Grealish. The club is bigger than him and, at the same time, he must do what he feels is best for him.

I feel it’s OK to want what’s best for Villa and also for Grealish. Let’s face it, he’s got a better chance of winning things elsewhere than at Villa.

This doesn’t mean I think he’ll leave but, if he does, I’m fine with it. Good luck to him. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

Personally, I wouldn’t ever boo Grealish. The club is bigger than him and, at the same time, he must do what he feels is best for him.

I feel it’s OK to want what’s best for Villa and also for Grealish. Let’s face it, he’s got a better chance of winning things elsewhere than at Villa.

This doesn’t mean I think he’ll leave but, if he does, I’m fine with it. Good luck to him. 

Agreed. I will never boo Jack. He's one of our own. It's clear as day from their comments & conduct since leaving Villa that Barry, Delph et al couldn't give a **** about this club, but we all know how much Grealish loves the club.

If he goes I'll be gutted. Devastated even. But I'll never boo him.

Edited by est1874
  • Like 3

It's going to hurt. But if it happens it'll be the first time we will benefit as a club for a long time. Getting 100mill in will transform us in terms of what we can spend.

You don't replace jack, but that kind of money helps you build something new. 

14 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

100 million buys 2 x Ben Whites in today's market. It's rubbish. Grealish worth more than that in marketing value alone

This. In terms of moving forward, a large part of that is becoming a global brand.  For Villa, Jack can be (in terms of awareness of the club) a Beckham-esque figure.  As a player you might put his value at 100m, but as a marketing asset his value far exceeds that, especially for a club that sorely lacks a global identity.

And yes, I hate talking about our club and football in these terms.  I grew up in an era when a footballer had a testimonial at retirement then bought a pub. Football has become something very different and there are large parts of that I detest. But I’d still rather win than be on the right side of that moral argument since our opponents clearly don’t give a shit.

• Like 1

Â