The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The way you lot carry on, you would think it was Macedonia, and not England, a team with an embarrassment of attacking riches, and top, TOP players all throughout the squad.

Just because the manager doesn't make the selection YOU like, doesn't mean he doesn't rate a player, or that there is a conspiracy, or I might even go as saying it doesn't make him a clown either.

Different managers have different tactics ( whether fans like it or not ) and it's about the players, the manager feels most suits their tactics vs. opposition etc, whether rightly or wrongly so.

What if they feel Jack would be great to bring on against tired legs? It's a national team, not Aston Villa ffs.

I wonder if fans of other clubs ( Dortmund - Sancho? Man City - Foden ? ) etc have tantrums if their player doesn't start, or play as they want.

Just because Jack is an outstanding player, doesn't necessarily mean he is the RIGHT player for every system, and team ( This should also be taken into consideration when he is touted for transfers ).

There have been times for US, when he has been nullified, similarly to how other top players have been, we need to stop acting like Jack is prime Lionel Messi IMO.

If this was Dean Smith, some of you would be blowing your top about the " Disrespect to the manager " etc. I hope you realise, you are no different from the fans you bash, when it comes to this.

FYI: doesn't mean I don't think he should start, I personally said I would like to see him and Foden, but still, pretending as if all the other players who may, or not start ahead of him are " shite " is farcical. they are all top, TOP players themselves.

We do have some top class players but Southgate said he would pick players on form and not put square pegs in round holes.  So if the rumour is true out of form Sterling starts over Jack and RB Trippier plays at LB despite Chilwell and Shaw being fit and in form then he deserves all the flack coming his way.

• Like 4

I wonder if everyone slating Southgate before the match is going to eat their words if we have a comfortable England win and Sterling plays really well.

Yes we all want Jack to start. It’s game one of a tournament, we will see him, can’t we just enjoy it?!

Im far more worried for Mings as everyone outside of Villa is desperate for him to fail. There is no way he can fail to know this either. 

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

No start for Jack, the manager bottled it. 

Strategy is try not to concede, but if we do he will bring on Jack.

Don't think the FA expect much.

Probably keeps his job if he reaches the quarters

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The way you lot carry on, you would think it was Macedonia, and not England, a team with an embarrassment of attacking riches, and top, TOP players all throughout the squad.

Just because the manager doesn't make the selection YOU like, doesn't mean he doesn't rate a player, or that there is a conspiracy, or I might even go as saying it doesn't make him a clown either.

Different managers have different tactics ( whether fans like it or not ) and it's about the players, the manager feels most suits their tactics vs. opposition etc, whether rightly or wrongly so.

What if they feel Jack would be great to bring on against tired legs? It's a national team, not Aston Villa ffs.

I wonder if fans of other clubs ( Dortmund - Sancho? Man City - Foden ? ) etc have tantrums if their player doesn't start, or play as they want.

Just because Jack is an outstanding player, doesn't necessarily mean he is the RIGHT player for every system, and team ( This should also be taken into consideration when he is touted for transfers ).

There have been times for US, when he has been nullified, similarly to how other top players have been, we need to stop acting like Jack is prime Lionel Messi IMO.

If this was Dean Smith, some of you would be blowing your top about the " Disrespect to the manager " etc. I hope you realise, you are no different from the fans you bash, when it comes to this.

FYI: doesn't mean I don't think he should start, I personally said I would like to see him and Foden, but still, pretending as if all the other players who may, or not start ahead of him are " shite " is farcical. they are all top, TOP players themselves.

I agree with most of this mate but Sterling is a bit shit and out of form

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think as well for some of us older Villans  it is recurring theme, our  quality players being left out at the expense of others, little only got one, Mortimer never got one, Morley only a handful. Shaw never got one and please do not mention Sid Cowans, I could make loads more. Even when we get a generational talent like Jack he can’t even start

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Follyfoot said:

I agree with most of this mate but Sterling is a bit shit and out of form

I just want people to realise that they are leading with " emotion " and not pragmatism.

Alot of these are the same people who lose it if tactics, and/or subs are questioned within our own squad and matchdays.

I just think we need to take a step back and look at the gross hypocrisy here.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I just want people to realise that they are leading with " emotion " and not pragmatism.

Alot of these are the same people who lose it if tactics, and/or subs are questioned within our own squad and matchdays.

As always a balanced and informed observation 👍

• Like 1

Can anybody actually prove to me that Sterling is actually fast? I'm pretty sure he isn't any faster than Jack, he just runs around a lot in an unproductive fashion and then trips over the ball.

Edited by Lichfield Dean
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It doesn't matter what lineup is picked, people will have their own favorites and opinions and we all express ourselves differently. This will probably go on till kick off when we will then all be 100% behind the team.

If its not going well though JV, I recommend logging off for an hour or two😂

Up the ENGLAND 

• Haha 1

A right back when we have two quality left backs, no Grealish, playing an out of form Sterling and also two anchor midfielders......jeez Southgate is doing his best not to do well and bore us at the same time

C'mon England!

2 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Can anybody actually prove to me that Sterling is actually fast? I'm pretty sure he isn't any faster than Jack, he just runs around a lot in an unproductive fashion and then trips over the ball.

Sterling reminds me of Charles Charlie Charles one half of the famous Charles Brothers 

2 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

It doesn't matter what lineup is picked, people will have their own favorites and opinions and we all express ourselves differently. This will probably go on till kick off when we will then all be 100% behind the team.

If its not going well though JV, I recommend logging off for an hour or two😂

Up the ENGLAND 

My only solace is that i'm not English, so while i'm rooting for you, it doesn't do my emotions in as much as it would you lot I imagine.

I want too see Jack play as much as the next Villa fan, but i'd also selfishly rather him not get injured or be in the shop window too much either.

I care more about him being here, and being fit for US, selfishly?

• Like 2

I don't agree that we're just biased Villa fans in relation to Jack. 

Go and search for "Grealish" on Twitter and look at fans of a variety of clubs saying this is the wrong call and that Southgate should be building the side around him. 

His stats speak for themselves in terms of his ability to create chances, to draw fouls. 

He should be playing. 

• Like 1

Nearly everybody thinks Grealish should strat not just Villa fans. Dont understand Trippier at LB when you have Chilwell and Shaw. Southgate has his favourites, two of which are Sterling and Trippier. 

• Like 1

Â