The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

We don't know whether Southgate is going to start him but he was asked that exact question and his answer didn't reassure me that he would. 

Edited by PaulC

Because of Southgate, I think we'd all be surprised if Jack does start against Croatia, however I'd argue that by moving to the 5-2-3 everyone suspects we'll start with then Jack should be even more influential if started. Playing on the left of the 3 he wouldn't have to track back as much as a 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 and he'd be able to cut inside more when Shaw or Chilwell get forward. I just think he'd be even better. That being said, I think Rashford is nailed on. Massive shame.

23 minutes ago, colhint said:

I think he will start. I think Southgate wanted to give him minutes. Also look at the likes of Rashford and Sancho. For me its 

Kane

Jack                                     Mount                                      Foden

Think GS will play it safe and go with Rashford and Sterling. As boring as that sounds.

I know it's very popular on this site to have a massive hate boner for Southgate but the man isn't an idiot. I'm pretty sure Grealish is going to be starting all the major games unless he gets injured or has a dramatic implosion in form. No need to announce that to the press though.

I think Harry Kane could have a big say on who's around him come next Friday. If that's the case Jack starts. 

If Southgate bottles it he goes 523, Jack doesn't start because he wants more pace next to Kane and he'll have Rice and Mount in the 2.  I think Southgate will bottle it btw and start with Foden and Rashford.

Jack will have to come off the bench and own it for Southgate to have no option but to start him thereafter.  

I thought other than the pen Rashford was shit. Sancho marginally better but still neither on Jacks level. 

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Think GS will play it safe and go with Rashford and Sterling. As boring as that sounds.

I don't think so, Southgate has acknowledged that both have been out of form, and Sterling hasn't played in any of the warm ups so I don't think they will be the two right from the start.

Southgate didn't like the question about the individual selection of him next week.

It was a nice flashback to when he wouldn't pick him.

He's been shown up and he will be again if he doesn't pick him and England don't play well.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 1

Â