The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Give him minutes in the two friendlies to get him that bit sharper! I think he will be on the bench in the group stages but come in and make a significant difference and then start in the knockouts!

I’ll be pissed if Southgate leaves him out, sounds like he’s got a ready excuse if he does. Jack will be gutted, as will anyone who knows anything about football. Even a 70% fit Jack can change a game in a way that not nobody else can. 

If he doesn’t end up going then at least he’ll have chance to rest up and recover fully from the injury. He’ll be fitter and raring to go for next season, and determined to make the World Cup squad. 

For what it’s worth I still think Southgate will take him. 

The thing is with this squad he has the players to manage grealishs injury and lack of training 

Not sure if that works for him or against him 

If he goes he might not be used... And if that's the case why bother taking him? 

At best he'll be an impact sub under southgate, maybe 3rd choice left wing 

Jack should not be playing , he needs to rest . He obviously  really wants to play, I'm guessing that's why he played in our last 3 games. Sometimes people have to be protected from themselves.

It's not a conspiracy to think that Southgate is a word removed 

That said he's right with Jack, he's not fit, will struggle with tournament football and we have other players who can play his position regardless of getting in to the debate as to how good you think they are (before both of them play in European Cup finals this week) 

I feel I’m totally alone in this but Southgate is growing on me. Reading the quotes in full context, he seems reasonable. I would love Jack to go to the Euros and I think he will but it doesn’t bother me if he is mainly an impact sub, would like him fresh for next season. 
I’d like to think that Villa also manage those shins v carefully from now on.

• Like 4

Spurs fan at work said he’d read some rubbish on Twitter that Jack had agreed terms and was heading down there for £70m

i didn’t stop laughing for about 2mins

I'm glad Southgate is looking after his fitness. Would be dreadful if we lost him for the start of next season. I expect he'll be in the squad but won't start straight away if at all. On talent he should be of course, but let's please have him back in one piece. 

• Like 1

On 26/05/2021 at 15:28, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Villa fans do love a conspiracy or any opportunity to have a dig at Southgate don't they?

What he has said literally mirrors the information we have been given by Deano and the medical staff, during the season, so I don't get the issue?

So you would rather him be overloaded and/or risk prolonged injury ( Which affects us ) just to give a hypothetical " Finger " to Southgate?

When/If he does play him as well, the comments will be " He had no choice, he had to play him because of the pressure, you know he didn't want to " smh.

As i've said in the past, some of you don't realise just how similar your are to Tanzanian fans with samatta. lol

Don't let facts or logic get in the way if my hatred for southgate!

• Haha 1

Â