The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/news/grealish-arsenal-man-united-transfer-19915866

The fact that he signed a new four-and-a-half-year deal just last year, tying him down to the club until 2025, will further increase the necessary price for any transfer.

However, according to KPMG, who do yearly valuations of players based on the previous eight years' transfer prices and looking at individual players' position, age, nationality, contract length, performance, discipline, importance to the team and media and commercial potential, Grealish is worth less.

The England international has been issued with a price-tag of €71.2m (£61.59m) and is ranked 40th in the standings of most valuable players.

Clowns 🤣🤣🤣

17 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/news/grealish-arsenal-man-united-transfer-19915866

The fact that he signed a new four-and-a-half-year deal just last year, tying him down to the club until 2025, will further increase the necessary price for any transfer.

However, according to KPMG, who do yearly valuations of players based on the previous eight years' transfer prices and looking at individual players' position, age, nationality, contract length, performance, discipline, importance to the team and media and commercial potential, Grealish is worth less.

The England international has been issued with a price-tag of €71.2m (£61.59m) and is ranked 40th in the standings of most valuable players.

Clowns 🤣🤣🤣

One of the Arsenal forums my brother goes on (yeah , I know)  , suggested they should give Villa £60m and two of their fringe players for Grealish  ...AND Watkins

doubt I'll see a more deluded thing on the internet in my lifetime

To be fair, KPMG do maths not feeling. 

Maguire is probably worth £40m.

Pepe is probably worth £35-45m.

Jack is probably worth £65-70m.

BUT this doesn't mean that they should or would be worth that much. There are unquantifiable factors that KPMG can't put into numbers. Grealish is probably worth £65m. BUT in order for any club to even get near him, I think it would take £100m+. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Grealish is worth what we say he's worth. Then it's up to anyone to pay that or he stays. Why don't people get this?

Any club has the right to demand what they want for their players.

Yep the asset owner has the whip hand.

What they don't do is work out the value of his replacement, for example it's interesting that they calculate the commercial impact of him (which is right) but if his replacement has a marketing value to villa that is £10m a year less than Jack's then over a 5 year contract where is that £50m factored in? If we buy an inferior replacement and slide 5 places down the league then where is that prize money factored in? If sky put us on TV less then where is that? If we get relegated... 

Any kind of calculation is flawed 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

What they don't do is work out the value of his replacement, for example it's interesting that they calculate the commercial impact of him (which is right) but if his replacement has a marketing value to villa that is £10m a year less than Jack's then over a 5 year contract where is that £50m factored in? If we buy an inferior replacement and slide 5 places down the league then where is that prize money factored in? If sky put us on TV less then where is that? If we get relegated... 

Any kind of calculation is flawed 

Totally agree....

We are in a position to sell Jack ( at a cost)....but we are not in a position to replace him.

If Jack played for another club, we could not sign him....that for me has to be the underlying reason for keeping him, if we have ambitions to develop.

For us in our current state of play....Jack is irreplacable.....any player remotely as good as Jack, would not sign for us.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

To be fair, KPMG do maths not feeling. 

Maguire is probably worth £40m.

Pepe is probably worth £35-45m.

Jack is probably worth £65-70m.

BUT this doesn't mean that they should or would be worth that much. There are unquantifiable factors that KPMG can't put into numbers. Grealish is probably worth £65m. BUT in order for any club to even get near him, I think it would take £100m+. 

There isnt a quatifiable value for players is there, isnt it more of a feeling? Well I suppose it's an offer thats either accepted or rejected ultimately.

Maguire goes to Leicester for £10mil, then two years later goes to Man U for £80mil. That £80 mil figure could have been £60mil or £100mil, or equally £20mil. Theres no maths behind it.

It’s always concerning when the doctors, manager and player himself have no idea when they’ll be back. Feels all too familiar with his previous shin injury as the same things were being said and we lost him for three months. Whether this is the shin or not, it’s all a bit odd. 

Edited by roonst83
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Okonokos said:

Grealish is worth what we say he's worth. Then it's up to anyone to pay that or he stays. Why don't people get this?

Any club has the right to demand what they want for their players.

only, that's not how it works in the real world 🙂

if a player wants to leave, he and his agent will in most cases in one way or another engineer a way out and the club is left to try and get as much as possible

5 hours ago, roonst83 said:

It’s always concerning when the doctors, manager and player himself have no idea when they’ll be back. Feels all too familiar with his previous shin injury as the same things were being said and we lost him for three months. Whether this is the shin or not, it’s all a bit odd. 

I am just waiting for Smith to mention the word discombobulation at a press conference,  then we know it’s  months

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TRO said:

Totally agree....

We are in a position to sell Jack ( at a cost)....but we are not in a position to replace him.

If Jack played for another club, we could not sign him....that for me has to be the underlying reason for keeping him, if we have ambitions to develop.

For us in our current state of play....Jack is irreplacable.....any player remotely as good as Jack, would not sign for us.

Jack's worth at least 80 million, personally I would be looking for 9 figures.

Personally I would only sell him if that kind of size bid came in AND Jack expressly says he wants to go, if it were just the bid I would keep him. He isn't replaceable.

15 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

only, that's not how it works in the real world 🙂

if a player wants to leave, he and his agent will in most cases in one way or another engineer a way out and the club is left to try and get as much as possible

But it is how it works if we're talking about a player who doesn't want to leave (or at least won't kick up a fuss if he's not allowed) and if the club has serious owners. All of this would apply to us and Grealish.

What gets me is fans of other clubs saying what he is or isn't worth based on their limited insight into football in the real world.

• Like 2

Â