The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

19 minutes ago, K-Carlsen said:

What is this "he loves to play" excuse? Everyone wants to play i would think?

Jack is a Villa legend in the making, but this was just silly.

Nah.

Funny.

• Like 1

He probably was thinking "**** hell these are shit how have I only managed 1 assist" 

I don't think he particularly got going tonight either which didn't help things, Barkley didn't seem pleased going off before that. Nothing to see here.

I think he'll be secretly livid that his bezzie mate 'Madders' is scoring in good form and he's in a quiet spot. It'll be all over their WhatsApp group I bet.

Plus, I think he hasn't been at his peak recently (like 8/10 instead of 9.5/10) and is annoyed at himself a little.

Good decision to give him and Barkley a (small) rest. Especially with the yellow card suspension hanging over him and with him and a nibble at Shelvey.

Does anyone really think that a man who is that devastated to miss 3 minutes of a game, will swap the captaincy and guaranteed game time for a move to a CL club where he will be rotated?

On a side note, I'm both pleased and disappointed in his reaction. Its great that he wants to play but it's a team sport and he should respect the managers decision. Instead he publicly made it clear that in his mind, the decision to sub him was the wrong one. Not keen on that.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Does anyone really think that a man who is that devastated to miss 3 minutes of a game, will swap the captaincy and guaranteed game time for a move to a CL club where he will be rotated?

On a side note, I'm both pleased and disappointed in his reaction. Its great that he wants to play but it's a team sport and he should respect the managers decision. Instead he publicly made it clear that in his mind, the decision to sub him was the wrong one. Not keen on that.

He didn't throw his toys out of the pram, he just shook his head and swore a bit. I like it, I don't want players who are happy to be subbed. It was prob more to do with not scoring against the worst team we've played so far this season

• Like 2

I was disappointed in his attitude when subbed. He has to see the bigger picture in that moment. He was lucky VAR didn't see him red-carded for the elbow on Shelvey. 

Smith was right to protect him from injury and another yellow when comfortably going to win the game. Also, it gave Jacob Ramsey some more game time. 

Come on Jack, be bigger than tonight please. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

maybe there was a record he was going for?

yeah, i thought he's trying to get the record as well.  Maybe he was only 1 game away or something.

Edit: I've just checked and he's nowhere near the record of Wayne Bridge with 112 matches.

Edited by ender4

28 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

I was disappointed in his attitude when subbed. He has to see the bigger picture in that moment. He was lucky VAR didn't see him red-carded for the elbow on Shelvey. 

Smith was right to protect him from injury and another yellow when comfortably going to win the game. Also, it gave Jacob Ramsey some more game time. 

Come on Jack, be bigger than tonight please. 

Do you really read that much into it? Won't be the first or last player to be pissed off at being subbed. Absolutely no big deal as far as I'm concerned. 

• Like 2

Gives everything for the shirt yet people want him to act like a emotionless robot when he gets subbed. For me, it just shows how much he cares. 

Last time I remember him finishing a game on the bench was that amazing 1-0 at St Andrews. Probably just forgot how the whole subbing thing works. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, kidlewis said:

Does anyone know if the cards reset ON game 19 or after?

i.e if Grealish doesn’t get booked vs Burnley then he’s all good? 

After. So needs to get through both Burnley and Southampton without a booking. 

Same for Targett

3 minutes ago, kidlewis said:

Hmmm I don’t think both will escape the fate of a ban. 

Me neither. I just hope both don't get banned and miss the same match. Our left side will be under massive pressure against either Southampton or West Ham if that were to be the case

Â