The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 hours ago, MrBlack said:

You are right about being fair to him, but you aren't being fair. You were being overly generous. As another poster pointed out,  their Mrs saw the attitude of Gareth change when he was asked about Jack. I was curious,  and asked my Mrs to watch the interview and ask her if anything stood out... she immediately said (having not seen the game) "did Jack not do very well?".

He is, either by design or accident, trying to play down Jack Grealish in every way he can.

Maybe he's bizarrely trying to protect him from the limelight until he unleashes him full force at the next tournament...

Maybe he takes exception to the fact Jack went out drinking and inhaling nitrous oxide as a teenager in the England setup. Who knows why, but he definitely has an aversion to recognising Jack's ability and performances. 

I don't particularly want to argue but I'll engage the discussion further.

I'm confident in my discernment of the situation regarding Southgate to the point where I'm happy to post on the forum that I think he's not snubbed Grealish in any way.

I'm flattered that you call my words overly generous but from where I sit it's just a fair call, I owe Southgate no special treatment, should he of been out of place, I'd say.

That's why I said to be fair to Southgate, because in my view, people on this forum are for whatever reason insinuating that Southgate didn't acknowledge Jack.

You could even go as far as to say that people are convinced that Southgate has it in for Jack. And that may well be the case, I'm not here to dispute that.

My point, to be fair to Southgate, is that during that interview, Southgate acknowledges the newcomers for their performance given new settings and unfamiliarity.

He then goes on to say that we know Grealish is a player who can attract fouls in advanced areas, and that he's good in tight spaces receiving and with it at his feet.

Excuse the paraphrasing job but I think it's at least the gist of Southgate's comments on Jack.

The only thing I'll say, is that he might've become a tiny little slither more awkward than he had been when asked about Jack.

And I would take that to mean that he's been caught with his pants down and doesn't want to pull them up just yet, because everyone can see why Jack should be in.

Southgate if he does or has had some issue with our Jacky boy may well be less inclined to select him, opting for any one of a number of talented options instead.

Just because Southgate wasn't willing to concede and say, yes, "Grealish has not only been knocking on the door, but running straight through the wall to get here."

Doesn't mean that his commentary in that post match interview were any way shape or form not giving Jack recognition for the match he had.

That's hopefully all I have to say on the matter but knowing me you'll get another essay so be warned! 👍😅

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fantastic to hear how Grealish got a man of match, as I missed the game because I forgot while I was playing fifa 21 with Grealish and Watkins new team of the week in my ultimate team side.

I hope this is excuse enough 😋

On sha forum of the 54 posts for the game last night, 28 were about JG. Some of the comments were laughable, bitter as you'd expect. Hardly any mention of the game itself or other players, Coady and Calvert Lewin excepted.

Edited by mottaloo

5 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

On sha forum of the 54 posts for the game last night, 28 were about JG. Some of the comments were laughable, bitter as you'd expect. Hardly any mention of the game itself or other players, Coady and Calvert Lewin excepted.

I hope you showered before you came back on here..

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

said in another post go with.....

Kane

Sterling Jack  Rashford

and mould everything around that, maybe go Barkley and one from Phillips, Winks and Rice for me, would be more attach focused. 

Rice and Philips behind as a double pivot. Would prefer Dougie & SJM in there but those two will do.. 

Also, Philips. What a miss he was last year. 

• Like 1

When asked about Jack...

"Sancho and Raheem have the ability to dribble and beat people but he does it in a different way"

"The area he got into for the goal that he created is where he should aim to be more and more regularly" (as if Jack doesn't want to be in those positions🤦‍♂️)

"He's good at receiving deep" (Kenneth Williams gif)

"He's a different type erm [starts scratching back], Mount coming on in that position or similar position again I thought had an excellent impact on the game he presses so well he moves the ball so quickly and he had a real impact in setting up 2 or 3 chances in an immediate impact on the game"

You might think I'm trolling with that last one, but no, he actually said that.

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, a-k said:

When asked about Jack...

Mount coming on in that position or similar position again I thought had an excellent impact on the game he presses so well he moves the ball so quickly and he had a real impact in setting up 2 or 3 chances in an immediate impact on the game"

Am I misremembering or is the only chance Mount created the one where Grealish drew in the defenders (and drew a foul) before playing Mount in to roll an easy ball left into loads of space for AMN?

4 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Am I misremembering or is the only chance Mount created the one where Grealish drew in the defenders (and drew a foul) before playing Mount in to roll an easy ball left into loads of space for AMN?

I didn't watch the match...point was the best he could say about the MOTM was that he's a different type of player and he's pleased with him, then on his own accord changes the narrative and tone to continue his wankfest of compliments for Mount. Word removed.

Edited by a-k

15 minutes ago, a-k said:

When asked about Jack...

"Sancho and Raheem have the ability to dribble and beat people but he does it in a different way"

"The area he got into for the goal that he created is where he should aim to be more and more regularly" (as if Jack doesn't want to be in those positions🤦‍♂️)

"He's a different type erm [starts scratching back], Mount coming on in that position or similar position again I thought had an excellent impact on the game he presses so well he moves the ball so quickly and he had a real impact in setting up 2 or 3 chances in an immediate impact on the game"

What’s wrong with him?! Mount did look pretty sharp when he came on against a dispirited Wales who were 3-0 down and ready for bed. But Wales didn’t start out like that. They were up for it and were in the game. Grealish, with that assist, was the one who broke their spirits. So strange to not see it recognised.

Edited by Frobisher
Typo

25 minutes ago, a-k said:

When asked about Jack...

Can’t take him seriously. Grade A tool.

Think he's value have gone up from £80 to £120-130 million now. 

Personally I'd not sell at any price. This is the type of footballer you hope to get at any club. When you spend £40-50 million you hope you end up with someone half as good. He's a fecking unicorn. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, romavillan said:

The world is starting to take note:

https://www.ultimouomo.com/jack-graelish-culto-premier-league-aston-villa/

"Convert to the cult of Jack Grealish" it's a good article but it's in Italian :P google translate it as I doubt I'm going to have time to translate all that any rime soon!

Worth doing though, one of best write ups on Jack I’ve read. Is all Italian football journalism that incisive?! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DJ_Villain said:

I distinctly remember someone making a comment on this forum about Southgate probably being bitter and twisted from his playing days of him being the model professional and a bloody good player in his own right, but the flash lads getting all the limelight and adoration and him thinking "When I manage England, there will be none of this"

Someone did say something like that didnt they? or was I dreaming it?

Yes, was me.  Just a musing though, no evidence of this. 

2 hours ago, romavillan said:

The world is starting to take note:

https://www.ultimouomo.com/jack-graelish-culto-premier-league-aston-villa/

"Convert to the cult of Jack Grealish" it's a good article but it's in Italian :P google translate it as I doubt I'm going to have time to translate all that any rime soon!

That was fun. I really liked the video with Joe Cole in there too. 

12 minutes ago, Awol said:

Worth doing though, one of best write ups on Jack I’ve read. Is all Italian football journalism that incisive?! 

You have to understand that football in Italy is not like England or the rest of Europe. It's religious. They go OTT with everything, good and bad. 

• Like 3

Â