The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Gareth Southgate on Jack's performance last night.

I thought Liverpool were excellent, but what really impressed me about the game was how Maitland Niles is making the position his own. Phil Foden is a dream talent and I can't wait to take his boots and socks off for him again. Mason has had a few rough patches but I think he'll be our go to man well boy in the next few games. I'm looking forward to seeing more of Leeds this season and I'm going to try my best to get Rodrigo to play for England.

3 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Gareth Southgate on Jack's performance last night.

Please tell me this is you that's made this nonsense up and it isnt actually real lmao

I sware if that's real he needs sacking as England manager and never let near a club or football commentary ever.

• Confused 1

Just now, Dave-R said:

Please tell me this is you that's made this nonsense up and it isnt actually real lmao

I sware if that's real he needs sacking as England manager and never let near a club or football commentary ever.

Lol maybe 🙄.

Murders any side who doesn't double mark him, we've known this for years. We've now got an XI that means teams feel like they can't. They'll probably re-evaluate after tonight.

He was still only in third gear there.

What a remarkable footballer.

• Like 4

He’s the most technically gifted English footballer of his generation.

I know Southgate gets stick on here, but I sort of understood him wanting to ensure Jack matured a little. But it has become increasingly obvious lately that Jack must be starting for England as he’s now playing on another level: he demolished Van Dijk last night, this is no accident or fluke and could do that to any defender on the planet imo. 

32 minutes ago, siminjo said:

Anyone knows the meaning behind the A sign he and Barkely celebrated with?

Somebody online said it was something for a Chelsea fan or staff member who is ill as I think Barkley did the same thing and Chilwell when he scored 

I can't remember which manager it was when he said you can never have enough playmakers it was when Riquelme was playing in Europe.  England have got 4 high class playmakers now. 2 are at Villa. The other at Leicester. Possibly Foden too. 

5 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Murders any side who doesn't double mark him, we've known this for years. We've now got an XI that means teams feel like they can't. They'll probably re-evaluate after tonight.

He was still only in third gear there.

What a remarkable footballer.

Tears Of Joy GIF by memecandy

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Somebody online said it was something for a Chelsea fan or staff member who is ill as I think Barkley did the same thing and Chilwell when he scored 

Grealish did it as well, would be very generous of him to make a sign for a Chelsea fan

16 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

his pass to Barkley through the legs of a Liverpool player made my balls tingle.

As always just world class. Pleasure to watch. It feels like time slows down whenever he takes the ball, complete footballer. 

Van Dijk was the recipient of said pass. This was after Grealish turned him inside and out.

1 hour ago, siminjo said:

Anyone knows the meaning behind the A sign he and Barkely celebrated with?

Andy Johnson used to do it years ago, it was for a charity he started with some other players called A Star that helps vulnerable kids.

At the time loads of players did it but its the first time I've seen anyone do it for a while.

2 goals and 3 assists will get the headlines, and rightly so - but the nay-sayers will point out the deflection and 2 of the assists were really just midfield passes. (So really just 1 goal and 1 assist against the Champions 🤔)

It's the assists he could have had - especially to Barkley. Plus his control of the game. Liverpool went 1 on 1 with him, using the wunderkind that is Alexander-Arnold, and Grealish made him look like a shit Alan Hutton. 

• Confused 1

Â