The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

10 minutes ago, skarroki said:

If Man Utd sign him, would he be brought in as a LW? because I can't see him playing centrally with Bruno and Pogba in their, LW seems the problem position in their squad to me. I assume Sancho will cover one wing and Grealish the other, but if he doesn't see himself as a LW and more a CAM would he want to make that move and be shoehorned out wide? When he could wait another season for interest from elsewhere or go abroad.

In all honesty I think the club that suits him best is Chelsea and think he'd flourish there but not sure they would be willing to match the asking price. 

The problem is where would he fit at Chelsea, assuming they carry on in the current formations, your left winger would be left forward position..... they have a full forward line where he'd struggle to get in with Tammy, Werner, Giroud, Pulisic, Ziyech, Willian, Hudson-Odoi and likely Havertz....

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

Just now, nick76 said:

The problem is where would he fit at Chelsea, assuming they carry on in the current formations, your left winger would be left forward position..... they have a full forward like where he'd struggle to get in with Tammy, Werner, Giroud, Pulisic, Ziyech, Willian, Hudson-Odoi and likely Havertz....

I think with the euros in a year he would be better at villa where he’s a big player and stands out , would be rotated a lot in the  top 4 clubs , we need to provide better options for him upfront and show him our ambition to improve the team 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Both have or had great balance. Best was different class though. 

What people generally forget about Best was his workrate. He wasn't a lazy-ass primadonna. He tracked back, tackled and defended, as well as all the sexy creative stuff. 

1 minute ago, Eastie said:

I think with the euros in a year he would be better at villa where he’s a big player and stands out , would be rotated a lot in the  top 4 clubs , we need to provide better options for him upfront and show him our ambition to improve the team 

Completely agree.  He cant keep being ignored by England because he's still at Villa.  I think the Euro's being delayed has help us like you refer to above.  We just need to prove to him with some good quality buys.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Completely agree.  He cant keep being ignored by England because he's still at Villa.  I think the Euro's being delayed has help us like you refer to above.  We just need to prove to him with some good quality buys.

Personally for me the Euros being delayed is exactly why he does leave this summer. Southgate has shown this season that he won’t call him up whilst here (Yes Ty did, but there is a dearth of Lcb whereas it’s easy to say there are other attacking options). Jack goes to a big club and shines (which he’s got the ability to do), then he’s straight in the squad.

15 hours ago, colhint said:

Hats off to SGC. He said this a decade ago.

I found this on page 1, (I know but I reeeaaaly love Villa at the moment.)

Maybe RHM will come good in ten years' time after all.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

What people generally forget about Best was his workrate. He wasn't a lazy-ass primadonna. He tracked back, tackled and defended, as well as all the sexy creative stuff. 

George was world class. Jack is England class. Jack would have been a regular international by now, had he chosen Ireland instead, one of the reasons that he might now be considering leaving, is to try to get ex-Villa captain Southgate to select him! :angry:

We have and need to do everything that we can to keep Jack in a Villa shirt. On another note, how I would have liked the following picture to have been taken before a league game, rather than a friendly:

image.jpeg.a50914c61c07ea0de4c2a3430ab0e751.jpeg

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

If this is true, then I say we should take the approach Leeds took with Phillips last summer, if Jack isn't sure if he wants to leave, then we're not selling him unless we get exactly what we want for him.

You mean agree it all only for the player to decide he wants to stay?

Just now, sparrow1988 said:

You mean agree it all only for the player to decide he wants to stay?

It was Victor Orta that pulled the deal, not Phillips. Phillips has said he was basically about to join and Orta asked if knew that he wanted to leave, when Phillips told him he wasn't sure, Orta pulled the deal and said they weren't selling him.

1 minute ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

It was Victor Orta that pulled the deal, not Phillips. Phillips has said he was basically about to join and Orta asked if knew that he wanted to leave, when Phillips told him he wasn't sure, Orta pulled the deal and said they weren't selling him.

Was it? I thought Phillips said no. Anyway I’ll take your word for it. I only heard it on a podcast which regurgitated the article on the athletic. 

4 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Was it? I thought Phillips said no. Anyway I’ll take your word for it. I only heard it on a podcast which regurgitated the article on the athletic. 

It was in the recent Athletic interview with him, Phillips had discussed it with his family and friends, they had all said he should join if he felt it was the right move and all involved thought he was going to join, then when Orta saw Phillips was still unsure, he pulled the deal.

Edited by MessiWillSignForVilla
  • Like 1

Â