The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I'd say Grealish has been a 6 or 7 out of 10 so far this season. Its not been great and I wonder how much the drana in the summer has affected him.

Then I hear people suggest he's been our best player and that seems strange to me but I'm struggling to say who has been.

McGinn? Hourihane? Kodjia? There isnt much to choose from so far.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Sorry but that's the grealish of last year not this year. He has been no where near as good as last year. I don't blame him entirely as bruce didn't help by playing him on the left.

But he has been average to poor. Not creating enough running into brick walls alot. Hopefully smith and JT can get him back to his best.

He is actually creating more chances per game than he did last season. also easily the most fouled player in the division at 5 a game which is highest in top 2 divisions by a mile

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

What has happened so far this season is done and gone as far as I’m concerned, not a great deal of point dwelling on it. 

It is what happens from Saturday that matters.

Does this apply then to nyland and jedinak at cb also then?!

22 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Does this apply then to nyland and jedinak at cb also then?!

Nyland yes, Jedinak at CB no. I think Jedinak is a false comparison, I’m talking about player form not their ability to play in a totally different position.

• Like 1

Any comparison between Grealish so far and Grealish last year is null and void in my opinion as he's spent most of it out wide, and he is not a wide player.

Whenever he's been brought back into the middle he's immediately looked better, I have no idea what Bruce has been thinking. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Nyland yes, Jedinak at CB no. I think Jedinak is a false comparison, I’m talking about player form not their ability to play in a totally different position.

I see. Yes I would agree with that. Everyone should get a clean slate. Not sure how that will work with our players out in loan like McCormack tish etc.

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I see. Yes I would agree with that. Everyone should get a clean slate. Not sure how that will work with our players out in loan like McCormack tish etc.

I think it's a moot point with regards players who are either crap, broken or both.

14 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Whilst I agree that everyone should have a fresh start they will have to earn it and in some cases that might include winning a 100 metre race against that Jamaican bloke that now plays with McCormack (to give him a chance we could make it a 110 metre hurdle race). :D    

59 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

You know how long standing my position on Bruce has been and how critical I’ve been on him, yet I’ve never been critical of him re McCormack. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Any comparison between Grealish so far and Grealish last year is null and void in my opinion as he's spent most of it out wide, and he is not a wide player.

Whenever he's been brought back into the middle he's immediately looked better, I have no idea what Bruce has been thinking. 

I want to bring up Gabby so bad right now.

• Haha 1

On 16/10/2018 at 21:04, dont_do_it_doug. said:

This is frankly mostly bollocks. This 'good movement into dangerous areas' you speak of was virtually none existent. That was our entire problem, in a nutshell. 

Then he was farmed out on the wing and shock horror, he isn't a winger. It's almost like we have been there before and not learned our lesson. 

Indeed.

Well, that and a lucky dip selection policy.

But yes, our movement, and the concept of players with the ball knowing who may be moving where, has been our stand out failing, in my view, and has unsurprisingly made life tough for Jack.

When Grealish came back into the side last season - he seemed to play a lot more direct and was much better for it. This season he seems to have gone back to beating a man, stopping, beats the player again - then passes the ball back to where he was when he collected it. Needs to go back to direct play and inflicting damage on the opposition.

I also think for a top notch playmaker he needs to drastically improve in front of goal

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

I'd love to know who has been if it's not Jack.

Not arguing, but i’d say McGinn has had a more than decent start to the season. Especially when you take into account his age and the move south.  

Back on Grealish, I don’t think he’s been as bad this season as some have made out.  He’s just not hit the heights of last season yet! 

On 14/10/2018 at 13:46, westholmevillan said:

Nothing to do with 'balance'.......other than falling over for NO apparent reason (alot of the time)!  So slow and ponderous on the ball....if you watch him often you will see the other players getting frustrated with him.....others making good movement into dangerous areas whilst Jack decides to take on 'yet another' player and either gets dispossessed or falls over (again)!.....he needs to be educated in the art of 'pass and move'......I'm sure Smith will be doing that!  

i must have blinked.....i haven't seen that for years.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Bruce didn't help him by playing him out if position, however there is no doubt grealish has been shite this year. 

He has problems with consistency and I still don't think he is worth the 40m people were harping on. Hopefully smith can get the best out of him.

Jack is not playing as well as he can and IMO the team is not playing as well has it can hence the manager change and I would guess they both have a bearing on each other.

I think there is a subtle difference in claiming a player who has exceptional talent , is not playing to his capability......than an average player not playing playing well.

Jack is an exceptional talent, who still needs to add edges to his game like goals,and a bit more directness if he is to land where he wants to.....

However, I think it is unhelpful to turn on him, he needs support and guidance to get his best form back....Deano, will do that I am sure.

Â