The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

11 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Yes it bothers me. For some strange reason the media have a very bad impression of Villa, we never get any praise off them. For an example during the World Cup, ITV did a piece on southgate, they talked about his time at a Palace and then Middlesborough. Never mentioned his time at Villa (and the fact that it was Gregory who made him a cb).

was Little. 

though I dont disagree about media but I prefer they dont talk about us if honest

• Like 2

Clubs are probably going to play hardball with us on Grealish. No one wants to pay 30 million for grealish. Clubs don't even want to pay 20 million, so they will wait as long as they can and hope Tony gets nervous and realizes he needs the money more than he needs Grealish. 

I think we will have Grealish here until early august, and then we will see a few clubs come in with bids around 12-15 million. Ultimately Tony will have to decide is 15 million better now, or hope having Grealish gets us promoted? The latter is a better bet if clubs won't give us what we want for him. Just depends how bad we really are financially. 

12 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Nicola Keye

Nic went to West Ham ages ago, when they had all their teething trouble with seating and ticketing. Sorted it out too.

4 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Clubs are probably going to play hardball with us on Grealish. No one wants to pay 30 million for grealish. Clubs don't even want to pay 20 million, so they will wait as long as they can and hope Tony gets nervous and realizes he needs the money more than he needs Grealish. 

I think we will have Grealish here until early august, and then we will see a few clubs come in with bids around 12-15 million. Ultimately Tony will have to decide is 15 million better now, or hope having Grealish gets us promoted? The latter is a better bet if clubs won't give us what we want for him. Just depends how bad we really are financially. 

We really shouldn't be looking at bids that are significantly lower than what Norwich got for James Maddison. Other clubs know his worth and to bid more than £10m below that is insulting although sadly predictable given the mess we have been put in.

53 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

£30m or gtfo honestly

If you dig around the thread.. some are happy for £10m and Josh Onomha.

(But that's probably just Spurs fans in disguise).

In all fairness, I wouln't say there is anything to worry about and ignore the hysteria Bruce has caused about it all.

12 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

In all fairness, I wouln't say there is anything to worry about and ignore the hysteria Bruce has caused about it all.

Why do you say that? Do you know something we don't? Please tell us he's going nowhere.

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I actually mentioned this ages ago that this would be the type of deal Bruce would sanction if still manager.

To reiterate. Any type of deal for Grealish including Onomah as a make weight would leave Levy and the Spurs fan base laughing all the way to the bank.

Edited by striker
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I have seen nobody say they are happy with that but with current reality its probably more realistic :(

• Like 1

Grealish will amost certainly leave, he is one of the highest assets at avfc now if not "the" sellable asset.

According to a friend he doesnt want to leave but decision is completely out of his hands... Whats a guy to do?

1 hour ago, Fowlersrs said:

Grealish will amost certainly leave, he is one of the highest assets at avfc now if not "the" sellable asset.

According to a friend he doesnt want to leave but decision is completely out of his hands... Whats a guy to do?

42 minutes ago, CosmicVillan said:

Go on strike

24 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

I've never heard of anybody going on strike to stay where he is, doing the same job for the same pay!! Crazy

If he desperately doesn’t want to go he simply doesn’t sign the contract to join the other club. He cannot be forced to sign. He can be asked and explained about the financial issues about it but he can still say no, Villa are under an obligation to pay him a wage or terminate his contract. Think about it the other way, if it was that easy to get rid of players, why are Richards and McCormack still here? Sure there may be a lot less interest in them but the same principle applies.

And if he refuses to sign, what are Villa going to do, not play him and reduce his value? The ball is actually completely in his hands so if he really wanted to stay, actually there is nothing stopping him. 

Personally though, would think it is completely daft and professionally he would be better plying his trade in the top flight rather than single handedly trying to promote us!

Well that’s my head, my heart has him demanding a 10 year contract at £10k a week.... 

• Like 1

Â