The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Can’t we just sell the whole “first team” & fringe players, at least try and strengthen at CB if poss and chuck the kids in around Jack? Oh and also get him to sign a new 5 year contract?  ?

• Like 2

Bruce has said selling Grealish is 'inevitable'.

Why would he say that if it were even slightly possible that we may not need to?

Edited by A'Villan

3 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

I couldn't think of a better manager or team to play for. I've always had a soft spot for Spurs, so many class player's. I really hope Jack fills that potential, if so, then the sky's the limit.

I have never understood fans wanting to see our best players flourish at other clubs.

Soft spot or not, how does it benefit us? (Aside from possible sell on clauses) ?

I'd much rather see our best players flourish HERE, and help us to flourish.

ESPECIALLY a home grown player.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I have never understood fans wanting to see our best players flourish at other clubs.

Soft spot or not, how does it benefit us? (Aside from possible sell on clauses) ?

I'd much rather see our best players flourish HERE, and help us to flourish.

ESPECIALLY a home grown player.

i would rather him stay here but if he was to leave i would want him to do well. 

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Why?

If he stays at villa another year he will be in the last 12 months of his deal. His value will only go down

4 hours ago, A'Villan said:

Bruce has said selling Grealish is 'inevitable'.

Why would he say that if it were even slightly possible that we may not need to?

Did he actually say that? 

Be nice if we showed a bit of front at the negotiating table with spurs and ask them to chuck carter-vickers into the deal for a season. I think stoke will get Chester. We are gonna be desperately short there and for a 20 year Carter-Vickers has played a nice amount of games in the championship. Sheffield United's season actually went tits up when he left. He ain't getting a game for spurs anytime soon. Oh yeah and we want winks aswell.!!!!

1 hour ago, Johnnyp said:

Be nice if we showed a bit of front at the negotiating table with spurs and ask them to chuck carter-vickers into the deal for a season. I think stoke will get Chester. We are gonna be desperately short there and for a 20 year Carter-Vickers has played a nice amount of games in the championship. Sheffield United's season actually went tits up when he left. He ain't getting a game for spurs anytime soon. Oh yeah and we want winks aswell.!!!!

You do know who will be doing negotiations our side?

Levy will have him over the table within minutes.

...in fact if we can avoid paying jacks wages for the first year I'd consider that a win!

Edited by Nigel

44 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

So he’ll go to Spurs shine and get selected for England. All the bullshit media will say that it is all down to spurs and how they have developed him, we’ll never get a mention. 

And this bothers you ? I couldn't care less what the media think. I know he learned his craft here. I won't get hung up over Jack and that's not meant in a sulky way. Fantastic player, attitude and work rate phenomenal this season, but he will leave shortly and we must get ready to focus on all things villa and we have a trying season ahead.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Levy will have him over the table within minutes.

...in fact if we can avoid paying jacks wages for the first year I'd consider that a win!

Don't tell me that young fella who looks like he's on a work experience course...rontigan is it ?

3 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Actually I’ve no idea... would it be Xia? We don’t have a recognised CEO or head of fort all operations so it could be anyone at the club.

Just now, mikeyp102 said:

Actually I’ve no idea... would it be Xia? We don’t have a recognised CEO or head of fort all operations so it could be anyone at the club.

I'm assuming so. Who else is left?

4 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

And this bothers you ? I couldn't care less what the media think. I know he learned his craft here. I won't get hung up over Jack and that's not meant in a sulky way. Fantastic player, attitude and work rate phenomenal this season, but he will leave shortly and we must get ready to focus on all things villa and we have a trying season ahead.

Yes it bothers me. For some strange reason the media have a very bad impression of Villa, we never get any praise off them. For an example during the World Cup, ITV did a piece on southgate, they talked about his time at a Palace and then Middlesborough. Never mentioned his time at Villa (and the fact that it was Gregory who made him a cb).

Im not hung up on Jack going, that’s football and unfortunately  as a championship club we’ll always have to sell our better players. But I am hung up that the media doesn’t give fair praise when it’s due. 

Â