Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

War of the Worlds was a little disappointing in all honesty. Only 3 episodes so not a massive investment but after the second episode I thought great it will get going now over the next 4 episodes, no, it fizzled out after 3.

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

War of the Worlds was a little disappointing in all honesty. Only 3 episodes so not a massive investment but after the second episode I thought great it will get going now over the next 4 episodes, no, it fizzled out after 3.

Agreed. I thought Ep1 was tremendous, Ep2 OK, and Ep3 totally 'meh'. 

My missus said to me afterwards "I can't quite see where they're going to go with this in next week's episode". She'd assumed it was a  six- or eight-part series, and was rather surprised when I told her that that was it. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Agreed. I thought Ep1 was tremendous, Ep2 OK, and Ep3 totally 'meh'. 

My missus said to me afterwards "I can't quite see where they're going to go with this in next week's episode". She'd assumed it was a  six- or eight-part series, and was rather surprised when I told her that that was it. 

Yep. When I realised there was 10 minutes left of episode 2 and the story hadn't really done anything else for the 50 minutes before I knew it was going to be boring from then on. Massive shame after a fantastic 1st episode. 

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Boring fact number 297432 , but in the book the aliens first land in my home town   ... I've got this series on catchup so don't know if they have kept true to the book ?

Just now, tonyh29 said:

Boring fact number 297432 , but in the book the aliens first land in my home town   ... I've got this series on catchup so don't know if they have kept true to the book ?

if its Woking, then yes they do.

• Haha 1

Just now, Seat68 said:

if its Woking, then yes they do.

Ottershaw / Horsell common in the book  , Woking is close enough though , its where Wells was living when he wrote the book 

.... its not like when they landed in New York for the Tom Cruise abomination

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Ottershaw / Horsell common in the book  , Woking is close enough though , its where Wells was living when he wrote the book 

It is specifically Horsell Common in the TV version. Don't know whether they filmed it there, you'd probably know right away. 

24 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Last series of Vikings starts this week.

Last 'half series', presumably, followed several months later by the second half. Wish they wouldn't do that. 

And Netflix have commisioned a sequel series, set a hundred years later, going from Eric the Red to William the Bastard. 

• Like 1

Got through BARRY. 

It's pretty good, but I think there's probably only one decent series worth of stuff across the two seasons.

I will say the ronny/lilly episode with the little karate girl and the taekwondo dad is absolutely incredible. One of the best episodes of anything I think I've ever seen.

Â