Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

The Toys That Made Us, and also, The Movies That Made Us - both on Netflix.

The toys one covers things such as Transformers, Action Man, Star Trek, WWF, Lego, and more.

The Movies version currently has Ghostbusters, Home Alone, Die Hard, and Dirty Dancing.

The series takes a look at what made the toys/films a success.I really enjoy it, a lot is from my childhood.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Finished 6 part mini series The Capture.

It started out pretty interesting but turned implausible and then fell off a cliff. Went from a solid 7 to a 5/10 in the end.

While the story is not at all similar to last years Bodyguard with Robb Stark it's decline in quality is very similar.

Could have been pretty good, but it wasn't.

Don't bother.

Edit: It does have Famke Janssen in it thou so there is that.

Edited by sne

On 03/12/2019 at 15:52, mikeyp102 said:

So I’ve signed up to Amazon prime for 30 days free trial. Any recommendations on there? 

Preacher

American Gods

Carnival Row 

Parks and Rec 

Good Omens 

Movie-wise: Vice, Green Book and You Were Never really Here are all pretty good. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Preacher is required viewing.

American Gods series 1 was excellent, I've not got round to much of the second but it definitely was a step down - might still be worth your time though.

All or Nothing is great. Even if you're not really into American Football it's bizarrely compelling seeing behind the scenes of a team as they go through a season. The Citeh series is very good but it's a bit... in awe of them. Which makes it like PR more than the US stuff, not least because the US stuff isn't focusing on a dominant force for a season.

• Like 2

Finished the first season of Apple TV+ flagship series SEE with Jason Momoa.

Suspension of disbelief is one thing but this was god awful.

It's a gilded highly polished turd, just the worst writing and acting I have ever seen in something as ambitious and expensive as this. (last 2 seasons of GOT not counted)

It kinda works as a comedy I guess. Be warned it is garbage.

Bildresultat för see

17 hours ago, Chindie said:

all or Nothing is great. Even if you're not really into American Football it's bizarrely compelling seeing behind the scenes of a team as they go through a season. The Citeh series is very good but it's a bit... in awe of them. Which makes it like PR more than the US stuff, not least because the US stuff isn't focusing on a dominant force for a season.

The opening 10 minutes of the city one with its yank audience sales pitch is so **** cringe worthy it took me 2 attempts to get past it 

But completely agree, the way its filmed and the humanness of most of it makes it great TV even if you don't know much about the team or even the sport, the dallas one is great for seeing the set up of the world's biggest sports team, the cardinals for the stuff with the owner and GM, the panthers for stuff with the star athlete

Just now, sne said:

Yeah, I can See why.

In hindsight I should have too

It was a woeful premise in the first place but I went along with that but then every five minutes or so I'd be going.... er how did you do that if you were blind

Yes, lets built a perfeectly engineered collapsible defensive wall that we can topple down on the invaders if we need to. That part had so many eh? moments, it was knid of game over from that point forwad

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bickster said:

It was a woeful premise in the first place but I went along with that but then every five minutes or so I'd be going.... er how did you do that if you were blind

Yes, lets built a perfeectly engineered collapsible defensive wall that we can topple down on the invaders if we need to. That part had so many eh? moments, it was knid of game over from that point forwad

Yeah, even the perfectly choreographed Haka dance at the beginning had me rolling my eyes.

It just got worse after that.

• Like 1

Â