Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

surely the US version - that was great.

i watched one episode of the UK version and it was awful!

24cbjom.jpg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Just finished another run through of The Office.

It really is the best Comedy ever, imo. In fact it's one of the best shows ever full stop.

Greatest ever UK comedy and the 2 part Xmas special is the greatest episode. It is literally perfect. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Xela said:

Greatest ever UK comedy and the 2 part Xmas special is the greatest episode. It is literally perfect. 

I agree. Perfection. Ties everything up beautifully.

The Dawn and Tim storyline is amazing.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, ender4 said:

ohhh, it seems like i chose the wrong version! ?

I like the US version, its great but the original is the best. Only 12 episodes and a 2 part special to end. 

Watch it! :D

1 minute ago, Xela said:

I like the US version, its great but the original is the best.

Yep, same.

The US version is great. Went on too long for my liking, but those first few seasons are really good. 

But the UK one is another level. It's perfect TV.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Xela said:

I like the US version, its great but the original is the best. Only 12 episodes and a 2 part special to end. 

Watch it! :D

I think because i watched the USA version first and i already knew and liked Steve Carrell. 

By the time i watched a bit of the UK version, i had certain expectations, which the Britsh bloke didn't meet.

Also, i understand and enjoy American humour, whereas Britsh humour leaves me bemused. 

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Is this a serious question?

Yeah,  just wondered which one.  I like them both you see. (I think I made a mistake asking which one ?)

The US is more entertaining but the UK version is / was very good at the time.  It was groundbreaking in a way and it is almost 20 years old now.

On 08/08/2018 at 13:40, AVFC_Hitz said:

In keeping with my current trend of watching complete bollocks.

I've started watching Goodnight Sweetheart from the beginning. 

I have a week off every april & watch the whole thing every other year during that week

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Thought I’d watch a few ‘scroll past’ shows that everyone  probably sees on the lists but never really watches just to see if they were any good.

- Final space - shite, thinks it’s funnier than it really is. Trying to be Rick & Morty and Futurama and completely missing the mark on both counts. Shouty lead character is crap. 3/10

- Helix - good and shite at the same time but shite too regularly so I gave up around episode 8 of season 1 - a generous 6/10

- Zoo - Laughable. Utter crap. 1/10

I may go back to Helix but probably won’t. 

Not sure if anyone’s ever recommended a kids’ show before but I’ve watched Guillermo del Toro’s Trollhunters on Netflix through a few times now with my daughter and it’s **** brilliant. Ambitious, sprawling story that gets better and better. As it’s a kids’ show (albeit one that’s been moved to the ‘adult’ Netflix) there’s some corniness and a few plot holes but they’re easy to forgive and there’s a lot in there for adults, too. I would think it was the best thing ever if I was 8 but I still love it at 32!

Edited by JB
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Anyone started on better call Saul s4? Any good? But slow

Good but slow sums it up pretty well.  There's always a pay off in the end to make it worth watching all the way through, so hopefully it's the same with this series.

On a few that have been mentioned recently, starting with The Staircase:

Spoiler

I really enjoyed it but, like Making a Murderer, couldn't help but feel we weren't getting a full picture of the case.  It wasn't quite as overtly biased as MaM and I know that the prosecution turned down the chance to be involved from the beginning, and that we couldn't possibly be exposed to all of the details in court without the series becoming a billion episodes long, but I still feel like any judgement I make of him isn't well enough informed for me to really have any sense of conviction either way.  That said, I wavered from thinking he did it, to not, and back again during the series.  Upon finishing I was leaning towards thinking he did it but the owl theory stuff is really interesting - it would be good if they could look into that more but it seems that those involved are happy to let things lie now, understandably enough.  The guy aged dramatically (I know it covered a few years but it did look to visibly take its toll on him) throughout the whole ordeal.  Interestingly, my wife felt almost the exact opposite to me: she felt he did it at the start, but there was a time in the middle where we both thought he didn't do it, and then by the end she felt he was innocent.

On Better Call Saul:

Spoiler

Awesome first episode but as others have said, you expect nothing less now.  Fantastic show.  Spoken to a few people who don't enjoy it so much, including some who found it downright boring, but it really is just a beautiful show to watch and the characterisation is excellent.

@PieFacE regarding why he might have been smiling at the end, I think it's a combination of all the things you mentioned.  This will clearly be the series where Jimmy morphs fully, or almost fully, into Saul and this has triggered it - he no longer has the moralistic condescension of Chuck hanging over him or the responsibility of keeping him healthy, and I think now he feels as ready as ever to stick two fingers up to the world - and Howard!  I do like that Saul is a very likeable character but is also very much capable of being a complete dickhead - sometimes in a way that you can sympathise with, and other times not.

And in terms of The Office, think I mentioned in here a few months back that I'd watched it for the first time and, despite not being able to stand Ricky Gervais in general, absolutely loved it.  I'm saving the Christmas specials for the festive season and it sounds like I'm in for a treat.

Edited by Troglodyte
  • Like 1

Â