Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I think it's more the fact that most people have never heard of it. I include myself in that. If it wasn't for this thread then I'd have never heard of it.

There are so many TV shows and so may people recommend shows to me, that I tend to commit to the ones that have a reputation as being very good.

Wrongly, Gomorrah doesn't seem to have much of a reputation in this country yet.

I guess so, critically it has been well received though. I guess with the modern way of watching tv, adverts for new programmes often get overlooked as people skip through them.

I have never considered the similar style to The Wire if I am honest, but now you mention it you are right. What i do like about it is the gritty, no frills nature of the programme. The second half of the first series is outstanding and you are in for a treat. I have some catching up to do on season 2 so can't give much of an opinion about that yet. For some reason they are doing back to back episodes this time around, and I am struggling to find time to watch them. I will have a binge watch at some point though.

24 minutes ago, NeilS said:

I have some catching up to do on season 2 so can't give much of an opinion about that yet. For some reason they are doing back to back episodes this time around, and I am struggling to find time to watch them. I will have a binge watch at some point though.

I think it's even better than the first season. It's slightly more streamlined story-wise but in some ways that has helped, as we get to spend even more time with a smaller pool of characters.

It's absolutely brilliant TV and knocking on the door of some of the best series ever.

• Like 1

On ‎08‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 23:40, tonyh29 said:

I'm on episode 3 of 22.11.63

not as good as Quantum Leap and notepads instead of ZIggy and flashbacks instead of Al is a bit duff but it's still quite good viewing 

looking forward to seeing how it all pans out 

finished this last night

the ending was kinda Hollywood sugar sweet , I think I'd have preferred it had they ended it 5 minutes earlier without wrapping it all up in a nice bow

but none the less I though it was a very engaging show with some characters you kinda cared about

i.e he comes back , the world has gone to shit and he can't find the portal anymore [/spoiler ]

Edited by tonyh29

Anyone been watching Mum? From the same people who wrote Him & Her, and very much in the same vein. Some very funny moment, and also quite touching. Worth a watch.

13 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

OUTCAST-ComicCon-Art-Vertical.jpg

Watched the first episode last night.

Safe to say I won't be watching any more :D

Load of badly written, cliched old shite.

If it's from "the creator of The Walking Dead", then I wouldn't expect anything else!

On ‎13‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 19:14, Xela said:

Finsihed Ballers. Good frothy entertainment. Entourage with football

I

I love it.  Although it's not that realistic. In reality dealing with professional sportspeople and their money is not as glamorous as that programme.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

I love it.  Although it's not that realistic. In reality dealing with professional sportspeople and their money is not as glamorous as that programme.

bugger , I was trying to get a job as a sports agent on the basis of that party with the hookers on the yacht  ..... crushed

2 hours ago, useless said:

New season of Curb Your Enthusiasm confirmed after over five years off the air.

That is great news. I'd say Curb is just about my favourite comedy show of all time.

• Like 1

I have said it before but i thought Flaked on Netflix was excelent. Started out as just casual tv watching but gets very interesting. Understand they have plans for a second season despite lowish viewing numbers, which i am pretty happy about. One of the next seasons of a show i watch i am very excited about

Â