Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

16 hours ago, TrinityRoadSteps said:

Is there Donna?  If there's no Donna I'm not interested 

There better be - sexiest woman on TV I'd say

• Like 1

17 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Yeah I'd give you Rob Lowe.  I only know him really as Sam Seaborn (I actually prefer Josh from the West Wing if I'm being brutally honest) though, I've kind of missed out on his newer stuff.  Not at all sure about this Duchovny bollocks.

The transition from Sam Seaborn to Eddie Nero is so utterly drastic it's ridiculous.

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

also, finally got round to watching "Vikings".

Season 1 is **** awesome so far.

Compare it to something.  Is it GoT or Spartacus ?  I'm in between shows at the moment.

5 minutes ago, BOF said:

Compare it to something.  Is it GoT or Spartacus ?  I'm in between shows at the moment.

Bit of both I suppose only Scandinavian stylee. No dragons though, this is fact-based.

Spartacus, from the little I saw, was fantasy/fable with dream like scenes. Maybe there's differences between the various season, I don't know. The thing looked like it was almost all CGI to me. Vikings is gritty and natural, and though they believe in and live with myths and rituals, it leaves a much more realistic impression. It's fast-paced compared to GoT, but not fast-paced in terms of modern tv-shows. GoT has many characters, while Vikings mostly is just one small family in a small village. Without trying to spoil it the main character befriends a christian and while they have widely separate beliefs, they influence each other, and the unspoken theme is very much the force of his ambition battling it out with his somewhat divided faith.. although he's a very manipulative so you never quite know what's going on in his head.

Vikings is a fabulous show. Produced by the History Channel I think so the historical attention to detail is top notch.

Just watching the Last Kingdom, based on the Bernard Cornwell books. I loved the books and so far it's a pretty good adaptation.

On 2016-01-29 at 12:05, AVFCDAN said:

I never really got into the X Files when I was younger but I do recall randomly watching some of the series where Robert Patrick came into it. Some of those episode were quite freaky but the only thing that sticks in my mind is one episode where there was a man who just had a torso and no legs pulling himself along on a skateboard.

I was tempted to get into the new series but I haven't heard very good things about the first episode.

yeah, he came over from india while hiding inside a fat dude? **** me up for weeks that did.

13 hours ago, tomaspg said:

might be late to the show! but realised season 5 of its always sunny in philadelphia is airing! watched four episodes today already, moving on to the fifth :) one of the funniest shows around!

You realise there are 11 seasons don't you?

Â