Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

22 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I am currently re-watching the X Files season 1.

It's nowhere near as good as I remember. I think being younger and a bit scared of the episodes made it a lot more exciting.

What has struck me is how confined to an episode all the stories are  There's very little (at the moment but I am about halfway through) story running through the whole season. Which I guess makes it better for casual viewing but not so good for a box set style binge.

I'm still enjoying it, but it's definitely not as good as I remember.

I never really got into the X Files when I was younger but I do recall randomly watching some of the series where Robert Patrick came into it. Some of those episode were quite freaky but the only thing that sticks in my mind is one episode where there was a man who just had a torso and no legs pulling himself along on a skateboard.

I was tempted to get into the new series but I haven't heard very good things about the first episode.

On 28/01/2016 at 13:01, Stevo985 said:

I am currently re-watching the X Files season 1.

It's nowhere near as good as I remember. I think being younger and a bit scared of the episodes made it a lot more exciting.

What has struck me is how confined to an episode all the stories are  There's very little (at the moment but I am about halfway through) story running through the whole season. Which I guess makes it better for casual viewing but not so good for a box set style binge.

I'm still enjoying it, but it's definitely not as good as I remember.

I'm about 5 or 6 episodes in to season 1. Duchovny looks so young! I also agree about it not being as good as I remember, although the Eugene Tooms episode is very good!

Did you notice a young Seth Green in one of the first episodes? 

Watching a lot of things at the moment.

Flash, Arrow, Legends of Tomorrow, Agent Carter, Blue Bloods, Hawaii Five-O, NCIS + Los Angeles and New Orleans, The Expanse, Suits, The Blacklist, Elementary, Grimm, Beowulf, Madam Secretary, Scorpion, Limitless

Lucky Man, Second Chance, Colony, Lucifer and the Magicians have all just started but seem quite good.

I'm watching Shadowhunters too although it doesn't have a lot to recommend it over the hotness of the female cast.

• Like 1

Anyone watching Catastrophe? Very, very funny - probably for married VT's and those with kids -(but not for the kids.)

My favorite line: On giving birth.

"Don't watch the birth, you'll never forgive her. You see a little troll come tobogganing out of your wife’s snatch on a wave of turds, and part of you will hold her responsible."

• Like 2

14 hours ago, V01 said:

Watching a lot of things at the moment.

Flash, Arrow, Legends of Tomorrow, Agent Carter, Blue Bloods, Hawaii Five-O, NCIS + Los Angeles and New Orleans, The Expanse, Suits, The Blacklist, Elementary, Grimm, Beowulf, Madam Secretary, Scorpion, Limitless

Lucky Man, Second Chance, Colony, Lucifer and the Magicians have all just started but seem quite good.

I'm watching Shadowhunters too although it doesn't have a lot to recommend it over the hotness of the female cast.

'kin ell! How do you fit them all in?

36 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

What is it with you lot and David Duchovny all of a sudden? 

I'm not a gay but I'd let him touch me. 

On 13/01/2016 at 14:18, BOF said:

BBC are making A NEW ROBOT WARS.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG.

Dara Ó Briain and Angela Scanlon have been announced as the presenters and Jonathan Pearce is returning as the commentator :D

Ó Briain said : "For too long, the schedules have cried out for a show in which dedicated amateurs, toiling day and night, handcraft sophisticated automatons built on the delicate interplay of hand-wired servo motors with custom-built circuit boards and fingertip motion control, just to see them get smashed to pieces by a dustbin carrying a massive hammer. It's war, and how I love it so."

:clap::clap::clap:

• Like 4

On 02/02/2016 at 18:16, sharkyvilla said:

What is it with you lot and David Duchovny all of a sudden? 

I am a Rob Lowe man myself. Whilst on that subject I should say that I am really enjoying The Grinder. Fred Savage is brilliant as the voice of reason in a world of stupidity and nobody does narcissism better than Rob Lowe.

giphy.gif

On 30/01/2016 at 21:04, rjw63 said:

Suits is back - hoorah!

But I'll wait til theses 6 episodes are on my HD so we can watch them over 2 nights...booo!

I love watching Louis Litt go from zero to hero, and back again ,10 times an episode !

• Like 4

Had an eye on the Grinder but haven't started it yet, guess that's another thing added to the weekly watchlist. Being a fan of Lowe did you bother with Moonbeam City?

Would agree that Rob Lowe > Duchovny, even if he does poop on people.

4 minutes ago, V01 said:

Had an eye on the Grinder but haven't started it yet, guess that's another thing added to the weekly watchlist. Being a fan of Lowe did you bother with Moonbeam City?

Would agree that Rob Lowe > Duchovny, even if he does poop on people.

Yeah I mentioned Moonbeam City on page 539. It's decent enough. Not as good as Archer though. 

Â