Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

I'm intrigued by how they do these now, mainly because daredevil was so good (and it is awesome btw can't recommend it enough) but now they have the tricky situation where they are trying to bring in characters who have more obvious powers, I'm assuming they're going to keep the dark tone and gritty realism from DD but with a woman who has superhuman strength and can fly...I think the flying at least will be kept to a minimum, you've also then got the number of characters about to take a jump, due to marriage I'm assuming cage will have to be in this but I'm not sure how they'll handle his backstory with him having his own series coming up, Dawson is also in it so there'll be a crossover there too

Got high hopes for it

My knowledge of Jessica Jones is pretty low, but I'll be surprised if they do too much of her overt powers. I understand that the run this will be inspired by is pretty damn good and goes very dark so it'll probably fit with Daredevil alright.

Luke Cage does appear. His series will be an interesting one because.. Well... He's basically a blaxploitation character viewed through a white geek lens so is for all intents a parody character. And his power famously means he doesn't really have many things that can threaten him which kills tension.

Then we've got Iron Fist which goes snooker loopy...

I think they will be good though, just likely to be uneven. Daredevil will be the best of them, Iron Fist done well has potential. Jessica Jones will be interesting and the cast is bang onon so has the foundation to succeed.

Having a hot streak with animated shows at the moment.  Started watching Bob's Burgers for the first time a few months back, that was utterly brilliant.  Started on Bojack Horseman some time after, bit more of a slow-burner but took off towards the end of the first season.  Then last week we started watching Rick & Morty, terrific stuff.

• Like 1

Having a hot streak with animated shows at the moment.  Started watching Bob's Burgers for the first time a few months back, that was utterly brilliant.  Started on Bojack Horseman some time after, bit more of a slow-burner but took off towards the end of the first season.  Then last week we started watching Rick & Morty, terrific stuff.

I love Bob's Burgers, it was one of the few good things about getting up at 3 o'clock for work as E4 were showing it.

Ive been trying Mad Men as I found the first season for a couple of quid in a market in Barnstaple.  4 episodes in and it's a bit meh.

This Is England 1990 starts tomorrow night on C4 - 9pm!

I can't think of a series I've loved more. I love every single character and I was so looking forward to this starting. It didn't disappoint.

It's clearly early days and episode 1 was a bit of a scene-setter/catcher-upper but I really enjoyed it.

Edited by choffer
smelling p***takes

Binge watched Rick and Morty season 1 at work, It's brilliant.

Also watched the first 2 episodes of Mr Pickles, it's quite possibly one of the surrealist things I've seen in quite a while.

This Is England 1990 starts tomorrow night on C4 - 9pm!

Massively disappointed in the first episode. Seemed incredibly forced.

Hopefully it'll improve.

The only criticism I have of it, is it seemed a bit slapstick at times. I get the feeling it's not going to end up like that, but it seemed like a sitcom at times (although it was actually pretty funny).

Â