Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

I recorded that, but saw the reaction today that effectively labeled it tripe. Apparently makes Jack Thompson out to be some kind of hero, which is a travesty as in reality he's a quite pathetic and snide character who wouldn't know what being a hero was if it smacked him in the head.

I thought he seemed like a sad word removed who became obsessed with the whole situation... Very good viewing though.

Personally thought The Gamechangers was pretty cack to be honest. Pacing was off, they tried to get too much into too small a running time and some of the acting was absolutely abysmal, particularly Paxton... and I bloody love Paxton.

Not sure why they bothered doing it at all, especially without Rockstar's aid, and it's not particularly a hot topic at the moment. The bits where they mimicked the game irked me too. The first part where it's the kid in the police station worked well as it tied in with him being crazy and thinking 'life is a videogame', but the bit with Radcliffe at the end? Daft.

On a brighter note, I blew through season one of Fargo over the last week, and it's up there with some of the best TV I've seen. Loved everything about it. The acting, writing, directing, cinematography and music was all top notch and the little nods to the movie (especially the briefcase buried in the snow and Molly becoming a pregnant police officer) made it all the more enjoyable. Highly recommend it and I can't wait for next season in a few weeks time.

Have to find something else to watch now.

Edited by Ginko

You can feel the darkness coming. I think Flip and Higgy are a bit of a mis-step and I don't think they really fit. They are obviously the comic relief but they feel a bit too charicatured. Other than that, I love the way it's building.

All this talk of This is England and I've never watched it. I assumed it was like a bit more serious version of Shameless, which didn't sound like much fun to me. This new season is set when I was a kid but from the bits I've seen it just seems like it's all about the Madchester scene and I can't stand that whole thing so it's put me off a bit. I have no doubt I'm missing out though, plus Shane Meadows is from up the road in Uttoxeter, so really I should be supporting a local lad but none of what I've seen seems to interest me in the slightest.

Also, whilst I haven't seen '90 yet, I think This is England is set roughly in the Midlands (despite a lot of northern accents) so I'm not sure how "Madchester" it is or will be

Edited by Stevo985

I thought the last episode was great. Although as my mate and I discussed last week, we knew they wouldn't be able to show people having a good time on drugs, without something bad happening. I loved the BBQ scenes. The dialogue and acting just seemed so natural. It really did just look like they'd filmed some friends having a laugh in their back garden.

• Like 1

TIE, was supposedly set in Grimsby I believe, certainly the film was I am 90%, maybe closer to 50%, yeah 50% certain it was set in Grimsby. 50/50.

It was either set in Grimsby or it wasn't so definitely 50/50

[/useless]

• Like 1

I thought the last episode was great. Although as my mate and I discussed last week, we knew they wouldn't be able to show people having a good time on drugs, without something bad happening. I loved the BBQ scenes. The dialogue and acting just seemed so natural. It really did just look like they'd filmed some friends having a laugh in their back garden.

im convinced a huge portion of it is ad lib which is part of what makes it work so well, havent started this series yet will hopefully catch up tonight

im convinced a huge portion of it is ad lib which is part of what makes it work so well, havent started this series yet will hopefully catch up tonight

Yeah, I'd think that is probably the case.

I've been watching a Mexican show on Netflix called Club de Cuervos.

It's a rather strange but satisfyingly amusing show about a narcissistic young bloke who inherits his father's football team.

Â