Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Just saw it confirmed there will be no 3rd series of Utopia. :(

Fair enough. I don't even remember how 2 finished, it had already lost me by that point.

The alien dinosaurs turned up, and they ended up getting the band back together. Can't believe you missed that! 

• Like 1

Apparently "Twin Peaks" is coming back to television. David Lynch involved, too. I think it'll be a mistake. The original was so unique, and so perfectly early 1990's, I can't see how it makes sense to do it again, other than money.

Totally agree. Never go back.

I know for a fact I watched Twin Peaks, but it was sooooo long ago that I suspect it was during its initial UK airing (probably on channel 4) and I honestly can't recall a single thing about it .

I just know that I snuck down stairs to watch it when I was a kid during the 4 channel years. I know this because my mom reminds me when she drinks

Edited by Brumerican

So should I bother watching Utopia? Hate shows with no end.

It has an end. It's just there was scope to carry on, if they wanted to. You should watch it anyway, it's aces.

Edited by dAVe80

The problem with Utopia is the second series is the same as the first, apart from the superb first episode.

Everything else is the same, its not moved on in the slightest its in the exact same position just with some pieces moved around.

Isn't that the point though? The very grim message is, that no matter how much you fight, you'll never win and nothing changes.

They dont really need another series then do they?

To be honest if they'd given it a happy ending, I'd have been really pissed off, so I guess more of the same may have spoiled it slightly. That said, I'd rather watch more of the same of Utopia, than most of the shit that comes on Channel 4.

I'm looking forward to seeing David Fincher's remake of it for Yank T.V. The weirdness probably won't translate but it'll be every bit as dark, if not darker.

Also if they could get someone who can act to play Jessica, that would be great.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner

has anyone ever watched googlebox? I've just put my telly on whilst I am eating my meal and my sky is on the blink at the minute so I can pretty much only watch this

never watched it before, I am actually watching people on my telly who are watching people on their telly...it's like a real life version of The Royal Family

and from the 10 minutes I have watched am I right in thinking that it is scripted? all these different people watching the same things, and also why would other channels like BBC and ITV allow their programs to be slated by 'ordinary people' on channel 4?

doesn't make sense to me, I don't really get what the point of this Googlebox

sorry its Gogglebox not Googlebox

Edited by leemond2008

Also if they could get someone who can act to play Jessica, that would be great.

I think I mentioned this earlier in the thread but she really was very poor.

As for the non-existent third series? not bothered to be honest. I thought it peaked at the end of series one.

has anyone ever watched googlebox? I've just put my telly on whilst I am eating my meal and my sky is on the blink at the minute so I can pretty much only watch this

never watched it before, I am actually watching people on my telly who are watching people on their telly...it's like a real life version of The Royal Family

and from the 10 minutes I have watched am I right in thinking that it is scripted? all these different people watching the same things, and also why would other channels like BBC and ITV allow their programs to be slated by 'ordinary people' on channel 4?

doesn't make sense to me, I don't really get what the point of this Googlebox

sorry its Gogglebox not Googlebox

What would googlebox be? Shots of people searching for varying degrees of filth and cats that look like Hitler?

I've watched it, and find it funny at times. I don't think it's scripted, and I think they're just given a list of things to watch. (I suppose they don't have to, but they'll just not get on the telly as much!)

I don't get Gogglebox. Watching people watch TV?

I haven't seen it but it sounds completely shit.

How long until it goes meta and Gogglebox is a show about people watching gogglebox?

• Like 1

Â