Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

I normally watch X Factor with the girlfriend, her brother, his wife and their baby.

That's cool, I watch it with the cook, the thief, his wife and her lover.

I am of course kidding, I don't watch X Factor since it's incredibly shit and superficial, formulaic and I actually think it makes people dumber and is contributing to the downfall of society.

lol

Okay, that may be a bit over the top, but when people care more about the actions of Louis Walsh and who he did and didn't put through to the next round (I really hate that guy, talentless bellend) than the serious issues our world is facing today, I do fear for us.

• Like 1

I can understand wanting to switch off and I probably utilise escapism just as much if not more than the normal person, but the X Factor is just absolute dogshit.

I've never heard so many **** pointless key changes to evoke joy in my entire life. This season I've noticed they've been using Hans Zimmer a lot too which is unforgivable.

I normally watch X Factor with the girlfriend, her brother, his wife and their baby.

That's cool, I watch it with the cook, the thief, his wife and her lover.

I am of course kidding, I don't watch X Factor since it's incredibly shit and superficial, formulaic and I actually think it makes people dumber and is contributing to the downfall of society.

The downfall of society? Dumb people will stay dumb whether they watch dumb shows or not. It doesn't mean the rest of us are getting dumber by occasionally watching a bit of trash. Let me guess, you only ever watch the news, documentaries and dramas on BBC4, because everything else is too superficial and formulaic?

The downfall of society? Dumb people will stay dumb whether they watch dumb shows or not. It doesn't mean the rest of us are getting dumber by occasionally watching a bit of trash. Let me guess, you only ever watch the news, documentaries and dramas on BBC4, because everything else is too superficial and formulaic?

I did go back and say I was being over the top -- and quite on purpose -- but I do genuinely find it a bit sad that shows like The X Factor are as popular as they are. TOWIE and that kind of crap are worse though.

• Like 1

Fair enough. I replied before I saw you take it back. I don't find it sad, because I take it for what it is; a throw-away 'show' that neither excites me nor annoys me. It's as pointless and frustrating as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to me. If I was to let any of that annoy me, I'd go crazy :D Live and let live, I say. Like what you like and don't apologise for it.

Yeah it's in the same bracket (sorry Donnie) as Facebook for me, I use Twitter a bit more reservedly and enjoy it a lot more that way.

But you're right in letting people do and watch whatever they want, of course. I'm not a despot... yet.

Edited by Ginko

Does anybody watch Gommorah??

Yeah I do. Absolutely mindblowing TV. On par with shows like Breaking Bad, Boardwalk Empire and Games of thrones although needs another season or two before being on the same level as The Wire and The Sopranos. Preferred fat, pathetic Genny to the new bad ass Genny. Just wish there was someone to cheer for!

Edited by donnie

Yeah I do. Absolutely mindblowing TV. I've waited for years for something to match the wire and Soprano's. Breaking Bad, Boardwalk Empire and Games of thrones have come close. Gommorah beats all of those although as it's only one season in. Just wish there was someone to cheer for!

Glad I'm not the only one that feels this :)

Love it.

• Like 1

Yeah I do. Absolutely mindblowing TV. I've waited for years for something to match the wire and Soprano's. Breaking Bad, Boardwalk Empire and Games of thrones have come close. Gommorah beats all of those although as it's only one season in. Just wish there was someone to cheer for!
Glad I'm not the only one that feels this :)

Love it.

The soundtrack is sick! Shame its the last episode tomorrow. Hope Conte wastes that prick Ciro.

Â