Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

I've watched 3 seasons of it so far. It's a great concept but I find they have to big it down with you many secondary story lines to pad out the full "hour" each episode.

I've watched 3 seasons of it so far. It's a great concept but I find they have to big it down with you many secondary story lines to pad out the full "hour" each episode.

that was my problem with it, i got the concept but i thought the 24 episodes was too much, it was hard work, watched series 1 and stopped

that's absolutely the problem with it when you get to later seasons.

I think it completely works for the first 3 or 4 seasons. After that it gets too silly to fill out 24 hours

I never really liked 24 because, I know this is rich coming from someone who loves wrestling and Batman, I always found it a bit far fetched and could never get it in to it.

I know that sounds silly and it's a TV show and everything but I always felt with the 'real-time' pacing and some bits of the narrative that they were going for a naturalistic feel etc, that they'd set it up to be close to reality and it wasn't, not to me anyway.

I mean at the beginning, I know it got very purposefully far fetched as it went on.

That's the problem with American tv shows though, they make a pilot, pilot does well, they make a series, series 1 does well, they commission another 2 series, and its just keeps going until the viewing figures drop massively and it isn't financially viable to keep making it

ive watched a lot of American tv shows, started with lost, first 3 series were good, after that it was frankly ridiculous that they could churn out the crap, it was so obvious that they were just plodding along from show to show without giving any real answers to the questions that needed answering

house was the same after 2 series, every episode might as well have had the same script

the walking dead is now going the same way, although the finale to series 4 gave me hope it was going to pick up again

fargo is just a ten part series, i can deal with that

watching tommy cooper programme in a bit, love him. well I will record it as I cant see myself up that late on a work night.

V disappointing imo. Seems like they've copied the format of the Eric and Ernie show from a year or two ago but Cooper was such an 'orrible sort that it's difficult for them to make you feel anything for him. I too loved him as a performer but I'm not sure this programme needed to be made.

That's the problem with American tv shows though, they make a pilot, pilot does well, they make a series, series 1 does well, they commission another 2 series, and its just keeps going until the viewing figures drop massively and it isn't financially viable to keep making it

ive watched a lot of American tv shows, started with lost, first 3 series were good, after that it was frankly ridiculous that they could churn out the crap, it was so obvious that they were just plodding along from show to show without giving any real answers to the questions that needed answering

house was the same after 2 series, every episode might as well have had the same script

the walking dead is now going the same way, although the finale to series 4 gave me hope it was going to pick up again

fargo is just a ten part series, i can deal with that

I was going to jump in and shout The Walking Dead, but you quite rightly included it. Such a good iterarion on the usual zombie theme to begin with, now you can just watch any random episode out of sequence and it doesn't really matter. Another we started watching a while back 'Medium' (psychic milf cop), started off fine, then I'm sure they gave the same show a different title for four weeks running.

We're always told the american TV setup can throw dozens of gifted writers at a project, but the reality appears to be that they do often run out of steam in quite a spectacular fashion. To that end, Fargo could be good for having set a limit and B Bad was right to finish when going so strong.

Did we all spot the B Bad casting link in Fargo? I gave a little silent 'yay!'.

Has anyone watched 'Orphan Black'?

orphanblack_thumbnail_01_web1.jpg

The first four episodes are already on iPlayer -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/search?q=orphan%20black

And it seems the rest will be on pretty soon.

Some of the dialogue and acting is a bit ropey but the actual story is quite interesting in my opinion and it seems to be developing in an intriguing way.

It's a a Canadian science fiction television series and yes there is a bit of rudeness and carry on.

Here's the synopsis behind a spoiler as it may give some stuff away that you may want to discover as you watch if you choose to...

Orphan Black is a Canadian science fiction television series starring Tatiana Maslany as several identical women who are revealed to be clones. The series focuses on Sarah Manning, a woman who assumes the identity of her clone, Elizabeth (Beth) Childs, after witnessing Beth's suicide. The series raises issues about the moral and ethical implications of human cloning and its effect on issues of personal identity

Edited by 8pints

I never really liked 24 because, I know this is rich coming from someone who loves wrestling and Batman, I always found it a bit far fetched and could never get it in to it.

I know that sounds silly and it's a TV show and everything but I always felt with the 'real-time' pacing and some bits of the narrative that they were going for a naturalistic feel etc, that they'd set it up to be close to reality and it wasn't, not to me anyway.

I mean at the beginning, I know it got very purposefully far fetched as it went on.

Im with you on that, I mean how many times can someones daughter be kidnapped?

• Like 1

Im with you on that, I mean how many times can someones daughter be kidnapped?

Dunno, ask Liam Neeson ;)

• Like 1

I know we're not doing a "Top 5......" thing but my personal top 5 tv series' are, in this order:

1. Sopranos

2. Breaking Bad

3. Boardwalk Empire

4. Mad Men

5. Homeland

I'm just nearing the end of Breaking Bad and dependent on the ending it may swap places with the Sopranos to become my number 1

Â