Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Top 5?

1. The Wire

2. The Sopranos

3. Breaking Bad

4. Mad Men

5. Game of Thrones

Don't really want to put GoT there to be honest. But I suppose it qualifies. But i don't like to judge shows until they're over as a decline in later seasons can taint it.

Mad Men qualifies because its into its last season and doesn't look like declining.

Fwiw, the top 3 are in a league of their own.

Finished hostages ... So many flaws in the whole thing I really shouldn't have watched it after the second episode

But I sorta enjoyed it despite its flaws

Moving on to true detective now ... 2 episodes down , some good acting which is to be expected ... And woody's mistress has a great rack on her , worth watching just for her alone

Finished hostages ... So many flaws in the whole thing I really shouldn't have watched it after the second episode

But I sorta enjoyed it despite its flaws

Moving on to true detective now ... 2 episodes down , some good acting which is to be expected ... And woody's mistress has a great rack on her , worth watching just for her alone

Got them stored up on the planner, been too committed to Breaking Bad to even consider starting something else!

Looks like a lot of people who incidentally share a very similar 'top 5' to my own have The Wire at either no.1 or no.2.........guess I need to check it out purty soon

total films best 50 HBO characters - 

http://www.totalfilm.com/features/50-greatest-hbo-characters

dont totally agree with it, number 4 in particular seems a really strange one, and i might be biased because its my favourite tv programme but i think paulie, tonys mom and possibly even ralph from the sopranos should be on there

dont totally agree with it, number 4 in particular seems a really strange one, and i might be biased because its my favourite tv programme but i think paulie, tonys mom and possibly even ralph from the sopranos should be on there

Stringer above Omar?! Hmmmm, not having that...

Edited by dAVe80
  • Like 2

I am.

Stringer is a way better character. Omar is more of a badass, but I don't think as a character he is that great.

FWIW Bodie is my favourite character in The Wire.

I am.

Stringer is a way better character. Omar is more of a badass, but I don't think as a character he is that great.

I'm a Bunk man, myself.

• Like 1

I am.

The fact that Omar was gay was a very important thing and had a huge positive effect in a lot of areas.

Of course I understand liking a character more and finding one better or more interesting than the other, that's both of your opinions and your entitled to them.

But the significance of making that type of character, in that type of situation, a homosexual, had a hugely positive effect with a lot of young people who were or are still growing up in similar areas to where the show is set. A huge improvement has been made because the character Omar Little exists., not unanimously of course, there's still a ton of work to be done regarding prejudices, but still, it made a lot of people question and challenge thought processes and social dynamics.

So for that reason, for the fact that I've seen improvements in attitude whilst working with some of the people I have to work with, I personally, would have liked to have seen Omar Little further up the list.

And no, I don't work in the Sex Trade.

Edited by 8pints
  • Like 3

Â