Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Silicon Valley.... new comedy series by HBO. Anyone watched it? Shows potential but unsure.

Kinda feels like it will turn out like Entourage but massive nerds playing the main characters.

Sounds like a good idea, be interesting to see if they can pull it off..

The concept has potential.  

Realize I am way behind the game on this but I am about to start watching Breaking Bad on Netflix tonight. I loved The Sopranos and The Wire and I have heard this is up there with those two classics which hopefully means I am in for a treat.

Realize I am way behind the game on this but I am about to start watching Breaking Bad on Netflix tonight. I loved The Sopranos and The Wire and I have heard this is up there with those two classics which hopefully means I am in for a treat.

You most certainly are, but it is a very different kind of treat.  A lot more fast paced, but just as brilliantly written.

• Like 1

You are in for a treat.

However I predict that even up until season 4, whilst acknowledging it's great, you'll be questioning people who put it up with shows like The Wire and The Sopranos.

After Season 5... you won't be.

• Like 2

The first episode of Fargo was really good.

Watching it this evening. Not sure about the whole concept but I'll give it a chance. 

On the subject of classic films being remade for telly:

GG_~7KY-360.jpg

• Like 1

The first episode of Fargo had a bit of a Breaking Bad feel to it but quite funny as well it's even got Saul Goodman in it. It captured the feel of the movie quite well.

I thought it was excellent. Great cast and a lot darker than expected. Billy Bob absolutely stole it.

Oh my. That so? Yah.

• Like 1

The first episode of Fargo had a bit of a Breaking Bad feel to it but quite funny as well it's even got Saul Goodman in it. It captured the feel of the movie quite well.

I thought it was excellent. Great cast and a lot darker than expected. Billy Bob absolutely stole it.

Oh my. That so? Yah.

I’m very concerned its just a remake of sorts of the film, the film is amazing and it seems strange to have similar characters and a similar storyline. I’ll give it a go though as the Coen’s have written a few episodes.

Oh my. That so? Yah.

I’m very concerned its just a remake of sorts of the film, the film is amazing and it seems strange to have similar characters and a similar storyline. I’ll give it a go though as the Coen’s have written a few episodes.

I had plenty of reservations beforehand but it works. Can't say much without spoilers.

Silicon Valley.... new comedy series by HBO. Anyone watched it? Shows potential but unsure.

Kinda feels like it will turn out like Entourage but massive nerds playing the main characters.

Watched the first 15 min so far and had to go out, I shall watch again over the weekend and report back. Lots of geeky humour was my first impression

Watched the first 15 min so far and had to go out, I shall watch again over the weekend and report back. Lots of geeky humour was my first impression

Watched first 2 episodes now, mildly amusing . Sort of programme that I'd watch if it was on and I was bored but wouldn't probably record it

Silicon Valley.... new comedy series by HBO. Anyone watched it? Shows potential but unsure. Kinda feels like it will turn out like Entourage but massive nerds playing the main characters.

Watched first 2 episodes now, mildly amusing . Sort of programme that I'd watch if it was on and I was bored but wouldn't probably record it

Pretty much my view as well but I will give it a chance .

Better than your HIMYM , Big Bang fayre but not in the Modern Family, Parks and Rec class.

Â