Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

True Detective

Jail is tough for people that hurt their kids. You should go kill yourself

this made me lol

Really?

I'd (more than) hope that your reaction wasn't what the writer intended.

I agree. I find it a bit disturbing that somebody of sound mind would react like that. It turned me cold to the bone.

I watched the first episode of The Wire a couple of nights ago. Lost interest half way through.

Cliqued response time... Dude, honestly stick with it. I'm going to be honest, it's going to be like that for 6-7 episodes, then it really will start to pay off. Don't miss out, it's TV gold.

I watched the first episode of The Wire a couple of nights ago. Lost interest half way through.

I'll give you the standard warning though.

After the first couple of episodes it might seem a bit slow and you'll be wondering what they hype was. Push through that. Nearly everyone thinks it.

It's so worth it.

I watched 6 episodes of the wire and it was so slow to begin with I gave up. 'Cant be arsed I thought to myself'.

A year later id thought id give it another go and see what the hype was and endure the first few episodes again. So glad I did. Its fackin incrdible!!! 

• Like 1

I couldn't get into The WIre at first and sorta gave up but then it became my favourite TV show. The strange things is that once I'd finished watching it I wanted to start again because I knew I hadn't appreciated the early episodes as much as I could have.

Uh oh, standard response. Your missing out on THE greatest tv series ever.

Give it at least half the first season, before you know it and without fully realising why you’ll be engrossed in its world and characters.

I honestly don't remember thinking it was slow the first time I watched it, but I do remember getting the pay off. There's a point where you realise you are watching something very special, and then it's all you want to watch. Next thing you know, you're rationing out the last few episodes of season 5, so as to try and make it last just that little bit longer.

Ugh Ziggy.

It's just a case of getting to know the characters for me.  It's all a bit of a blur until you get invested in the characters and obviously it takes a couple of hours to become accustomed to them.

Â