Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

1 minute ago, HKP90 said:

Did he though? 

apparently when asked about his accent he said:

"I have a strange accent myself, it's half English and half American, and everybody, my entire life, has thought I was Australian. "I have a lot of family in Melbourne – I came to Melbourne the first time when I was two years old and spent six weeks there, so I've been coming to Australia all my life."

That might explain why he never sounds like a human being from a place. 

No mate it was abysmal, was being a tad sarcastic 

7 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

Just finished season 1 of Reacher 

Really enjoyable but my god do you have to suspend an incredible amount of belief. The bit where they had to find some dude who'd been in hiding for a week so they gave Reacher a map and he narrowed the search down to the very motel room the dude was hiding out in - aye righto :huh:

Its so so dumb. 

Cant wait to start season 2 

Season 2 is more unbelievable!

Good fun though. He's much bigger than he was in season 1. Like a monster now!

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Season 2 is more unbelievable!

Good fun though. He's much bigger than he was in season 1. Like a monster now!

Thought he was looking a bit scrawny in the first season 🤔

• Like 1

On 28/01/2024 at 17:14, maqroll said:

Just started the London-set "Bodies". Visually appealing so far. Is it good?

I've paused it to ask a question-

I've noticed that the police siren sound in this show sounds like American police sirens- the long, drawn out "wooooo-OOOOOOOOO-oooooooooo", and not the usual U.K. "NEH-noo-NEH-noo" sound.

Are  U.K. police sirens in new patrol vehicles getting outfitted with the American style siren tone?

I thought Bodies was OK, not great, but probably 7/10. 

Now you mention it, I hadn't really thought about the siren thing. I'll have a listen this evening, there are sure to be a few going past. 

17 hours ago, theboyangel said:

I thought Hunman was a geordie? 

His natural accent must be bad if @HKP90 thinks he’s Welsh 😂

Tbf I sometimes think the Geordies with softer accents (or at least use proper English words) are Welsh.  Lyndsey Hipgrave on TNT Sports is one that I thought is Welsh and there's one on Sky Sports News as well.

On 30/01/2024 at 07:01, theboyangel said:

I thought Hunman was a geordie? 

His natural accent must be bad if @HKP90 thinks he’s Welsh 😂

The point is that Hunman is an absolutely terrible actor regardless of what accent he's doing. The most obvious realization of "Hollywood" casting a pretty boy to please a demographic.

Anything he's in renders it unwatchable for me.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

The point is that Hunman is an absolutely terrible actor regardless of what accent he's doing. The most obvious realization of "Hollywood" casting a pretty boy to please a demographic.

Yeah, I've seen him in quite a few things and never really understood why he's so popular. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Everyone has got his name wrong , it’s Hunnam.

Just now, Follyfoot said:

yer mon, Hunnam

First seen by me in Queer As Folk with Aiden Gillen many years ago

The Apprentice starts again tonight 

Always good to know there are at least another 18 people dumber than me on the planet

corporate party in tonight’s episode  , one team made brownies and forgot the flour , the other team served fish cakes and rhubarb crumble and I believe used the sweet crumble  from on the  fish cakes instead of breadcrumbs 

Edited by tonyh29

13 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

The Apprentice starts again tonight 

Always good to know there are at least another 18 people dumber than me on the planet

corporate party in tonight’s episode  , one team made brownies and forgot the flour , the other team served fish cakes and rhubarb crumble and I believe used the sweet crumble  from on the  fish cakes instead of breadcrumbs 

Spoilers!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Not sure if this counts as "A good TV show" but did anyone watch the programe about the 1984 miners strike. If so  , what thoughts - with hindsight ? 

I thought I would watch Reacher as I like a brainless action romp. The first episode lived up to that description so that will fill the next few weeks.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I thought I would watch Reacher as I like a brainless action romp. The first episode lived up to that description so that will fill the next few weeks.

I watched it all in one day 🤪

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, veloman said:

Not sure if this counts as "A good TV show" but did anyone watch the programe about the 1984 miners strike. If so  , what thoughts - with hindsight ? 

Which programme is this?

5 hours ago, veloman said:

Scargill should have gone to National Ballot before action, caused untold heartache and was doomed to failure when he did not 

Â