Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Am now up to date with Breaking Bad. Wow! What an ending to season 4!

Yup, and season 5 starts airing on the 15th of July in the States. It's going to be torture watching one episode a week though. I'm half-tempted to just get them all when the season finishes airing but I know I won't be able to resist.

I mentioned this briefly in the gaming section but it's more relevant here. I recently bought the DVD boxsets for the 90s cartoons of X-Men and Spider-man from thehut.com for about £25 each. I realise this is very much geared towards a specific age group of villa fans on here but does anyone else remember these shows? I absolutely loved them so I can't wait for them to arrive an relive my childhood.

Am now up to date with Breaking Bad. Wow! What an ending to season 4!

Yup, and season 5 starts airing on the 15th of July in the States. It's going to be torture watching one episode a week though. I'm half-tempted to just get them all when the season finishes airing but I know I won't be able to resist.

I might try and wait for the first eight episodes to air and then watch them. I'm not waiting until next year for the whole 16. We could do with a Breaking Bad thread to avoid any potential spoilers.

A Breaking Bad thread might be a good idea what with the new season coming up and it seemingly being quite a popular show here on VT.

I've recently been watching the first season again and getting my dad to watch with me since he likes a lot of the same stuff as me. He's been complaining the first couple of episodes have been a bit meh and that the pace is too slow. I've been telling him to see the season out and he'll realise that each season slowly builds into utter chaos and that the first season is naturally slower than the ones that follow due to it being character-building and setting up the plot and the fact that Walt has literally thrown himself in at the deep-end so any rash action on his part would be unrealistic and wouldn't make sense.

Well we watched episode 3 tonight where some dark shit kicked off and he really liked it. He's not the most patient of observers though. I've told him to stick with it through to the end of season one and then judge it. If he's as smart as I know he is, he'll really get into it.

I have 10 episodes of 'Awake' stored up and I've set it up to record 'The Newsroom'. I'm also waiting for 'Breakout' (3 part mini-series) to finish and I'll be set. Summer is quite a quiet time for good tellybox fodder.

Well we watched episode 3 tonight where some dark shit kicked off and he really liked it. He's not the most patient of observers though. I've told him to stick with it through to the end of season one and then judge it. If he's as smart as I know he is, he'll really get into it.

If he thinks BB is slow, god help if he tries to watch Mad Men or the Wire. BB is one of the paciest shows ever made.

He's been complaining the first couple of episodes have been a bit meh and that the pace is too slow

I'd normally say he is perfectly entitled to his wrong opinion, but what the actual ****? :shock:

I have 10 episodes of 'Awake' stored up and I've set it up to record 'The Newsroom'. I'm also waiting for 'Breakout' (3 part mini-series) to finish and I'll be set. Summer is quite a quiet time for good tellybox fodder.

The Newsroom is very good. I think it's made by the same dude who made Studio 60 which was awesome too. Shame the American audience didn't go for it.

The Newsroom is very good. I think it's made by the same dude who made Studio 60 which was awesome too. Shame the American audience didn't go for it.

Tbf, it suffered by being one of two shows about Saturday Night Live to debut on NBC that season (the other being 30 Rock) and that diluted things a bit.

Watching 'Wallander' without much interest in the thing itself, but Branagh is an exact - and I mean EXACT - doppelganger for my brother-in-law. Weird.

Tbf, it suffered by being one of two shows about Saturday Night Live to debut on NBC that season (the other being 30 Rock) and that diluted things a bit.

Yep, Aaron Sorkin of The West Wing, Studio 60, The American President and The Social Network.

The mistake he made with Studio 60 was going on NBC (a mainstream network) and taking the piss out of Christians. All the time. Then he took the piss out of the war, which made sense, but was painted as being anti-troops. So the NBC bods panicked, and pulled the plug.

It looks like Sorkin is going the same way with The Newsroom. He's trying to educate the American audience and he needs to avoid the tendency to talk down at them in the same way that he did with Studio 60.

The good thing is that the show is on HBO in the US, so the ratings are likely to be more solid and he'll get away with his political soapboxing better than he will on NBC.

For the record, after 3 episodes I absolutely LOVE The Newsroom. Jeff Daniels is exceptional, and very credible as a news anchor.

I liked the newsroom, bit shouty but well written, the best thing about it will be It's downfall IMO the use of bp was great, seeing a preview for the next episode where it's not an international story I might struggle, same with south park, it's only half as good if you don't know the source

what's the general feeling about "not Going Out" on here ?

never seen it before but caught a few episodes on Dave and at times its laugh out loud funny .. i like the interplay between the characters , though Tims girlfriend is a little too silly tbh

the episode i watched the other night with the lost and confused old lady was top notch

Just found that Franklin and Bash season 2 is already 6 episodes in and it's online !! It wouldn't usually be my kind of show but who cares . I love it !
Great news, I really enjoyed that. Malcolm McDowell FTW.

Â