Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Are Mad Men or Breaking Bad worth watching? I watched some episodes of each and I don't find myself interested in the slightest, do they get better or if I don't like it after half a series is it just not for me? I heard so many good things from a few of my mates about them.

Mad Men is slow, but brilliant. Don't expect twisting and turning storylines, it's very character based, but it's great. And it gets better and better. Season 5 (mostrecent) was magnificent.

Can't talk for Breaking Bad, but everyone seems to love it, so I'd say yeah, keep with it!

I had a look on wiki and it seems the viewers increase every season with it which can't be a bad thing.

On the subject of viewers (probably one for Levi), Mad Men seems to get around 2m or so on average per episode, whilst Walking Dead seems to be around 6.5m - is Mad Men not watched by a tonne or has The Walking Dead just got absurdly high ratings?

I didn't like the Walking Dead. Watched a few episodes. Decent storyline but the acting in it is horrible. HORRIBLE. And it's just cheesy as hell.

Can see why it's liked, but it wasn't for me.

I LOVE the 'Wallander' series. The books are a great read aswell.

I prefer the Swedish series though.

sadly havent seen the Swedish series but it must be brilliant cause I do really like the BBC version.

Branagh is a brilliant actor

As with a lot of shows Stevo. STICK WITH IT :)

Nah, I gave it a fair chance. Turned off after the first couple of episodes. Then persuaded myself it deserved a chance so rewatched them and watched the whole of the first season. It just wasn't for me.

Cheesey acting, terrible script, predictable action.

For me it's a show driven by a good idea and a half decent, but tried and tested, storyline.

There are a LOT of other shows that I need to watch that will take priority over The Walking Dead (Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Boardwalk Empire to name a few. Plus I'm one season in to the Sopranos so would like to watch the rest of that)

To be perfeclty honest I'm baffled as to how it's so popular.

There are a LOT of other shows that I need to watch that will take priority over The Walking Dead (Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Boardwalk Empire to name a few. Plus I'm one season in to the Sopranos so would like to watch the rest of that)

I think it's popular to us saddos who have already watched everything listed above (and much more), and now we have nothing left to watch! :D

The Walking Dead isn't brilliant television, but it's a good way to lose an hour of your life once a week every 6months.

Yeah that's a good way to sum it up.

I didn't hate it, I just didn't think it was worth spending my time watching over other things.

But then again, I watch Jersey Shore, so what the **** do I know?

Anyone who is at all interested in the natural world should really check out "Secrets of our living planet" (currently available on iplayer).

It's a very different take on the traditional nature series, presented by the knowledgable & enthusiastic Chris Packham. Really did enjoy this series.

As with a lot of shows Stevo. STICK WITH IT :)

Nah, I gave it a fair chance. Turned off after the first couple of episodes. Then persuaded myself it deserved a chance so rewatched them and watched the whole of the first season. It just wasn't for me.

Cheesey acting, terrible script, predictable action.

For me it's a show driven by a good idea and a half decent, but tried and tested, storyline.

I stuck it out for the whole of season 1 and whilst its not great I dont think its that bad. That said the last episode in that season was awful so I didnt bother with the second series.

Have you watched Southland?

watching dynamo, 2 extremes, the bit with the postcard and the watch was brilliant, the car donut and the walking down the building bit was utter bollocks

he's in danger of doing a david blaine and doing too many tricks that i simply dont care how he does it because its shite, the computer graphics bloke who edits the show needs a proper talking to too, its so cheap and horrible

Game of Thrones is the shit. Shame on anyone yet to watch it. I've also started watching Battlestar Galactica, halfway through 2nd season... it's really good, bit trashy (cheesy dialogue, quite a few sci-fi/action cliches), but very watchable.

Â