Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Hooray!

A super long Levi post that I was actually interested in. I think that makes two :D

Forgive my ignorance though, what's WASP?

White Anglo Saxon Protestant.

(Also World Aquanaut Security Patrol, as Gareth pointed out). :winkold:

Levi is probably right - it would take a local to spot the mistakes in that. But I have lost count of the number of shows of that type that even a Brit like me could demolish.

Having said that, you can still tell it's a "now" production due to the quality of the images. It would be interesting to see if they could make something that actually looks like it was filmed back then. I have seen it tried - I forget the name of the movie, but there was a recent one (set in the 50s) that had a nice grainy Technicolor (?) look. And "The Good German" was spot-on 40s noir-style black and white - the only thing that gave it away was the swearing and sex scenes.

One thing the walking dead CERTAINLY was NOT, is well scripted. That's the main reason I didn't like it. The dialogue (and the acting in general) is just ridiculous.

I can see why people like it for the storyline, the plot and the action. But to me well scripted means the dialogue, and that's just appalling.

But it's all about opinions isn't it? Like there are plenty people here who don't like Mad Men. I loved it. I go along that it's slow paced, but that doesn't stop it being great. The Wire was slow paced and it's the best TV series ever made (imo of course)

Season 5 of Mad Men was a masterpiece.

I beg to differ and considering you had not watched the series in its entirety forming a sound argument on this matter is rather ironic.

However, to fill you in some of the characters in the story have severe psychological issues as reflected by the circumstances they find themselves in. As a result some characters are very troubled and hence difficult to read initially by their words (well-scripted) and inevitably by their actions.

Furthermore, at its most philosophical there are many debates as to the morality of the situation and the actions and intended or unforeseen consequences of the characters. Again like the psychologial aspects the philosophy and ethics of the situation are often fleshed out through dialogue which I personally thought was well-scripted.

Personally I thought there was some interesting social commentaries flagged up by the script which one can pick up on. Sure it's a Zombie TV programme and it is possible to disengage the brain also aswell as picking up the deeper meaning.

I watched all btu one episode of the first season. That's enough to form a decent opinion I would think?

I'll leave it at this. If you think the dialogue in The Walking Dead is "well scripted" then you are extremely easily pleased, in my opinion.

I already agreed that the show stands up with a decent plot and some good action.

But the script, as in the words that the characters say, sounds like it was written using a big book of movie cliches. And the acting is like a soap opera.

Maybe that's what they intended. And fair play if that hits the spot with a lot of viewers. It must do as it's very popular.

All I'm saying is it's not for me. IN MY OPINION, it is not well scripted. The dialogue sucks.

This basically sums it up for me

i-tQbhFXr-X2.jpg

I'm easily pleased? Says the poster who justifies his loose and unsound argument with a particularly unfunny cartoon :lol: But let's not degenerate this to personal attacks; i'm not suggesting this is the modern reincarnation of Harry Lime's script in The Third Man !

It's pertinent that you clearly disregard the psychological and philosophical dialogue that many of the characters have in relation to the situation they find themselves in? The deeper underlying nature of this and its social commentary is well-scripted as far as I am concerned but this is brought to the fore more so in Season 2. I guess initially they focus more on developing the plot, story etc in Season 1 and expand on the psychological nature and so forth in Season 2...

Please note I haven't expounded this is a masterclass in acting at all, but I like the scenario and there is some interesting social commentary as detailed above in relation to the script. To deny this is clearly ignoring the reality and is clearly subjective reasoning based on some opinion rather than fact.

I haven't denied it. In fact I specifically said I agreed with the fact that it's an interesting (albeit heavily recycled) scenario. Social commentary? I guess there are elements of that. But again I wouldn't say it was anything particulalry unique to this show. But fair enough.

All I said was that the endless string of cliches, poor acting and what i perceive to be substandard dialogue was enough to put me off.

Justify my argument? What argument? It's an opinion. The cartoon reflects my thoughts on the show. That's why I posted it.

You're the one turning this into an argument. I've already said that's only my opinion, I can see why people like it, and fair enough if you do. If you disagree and see it as well scripted then fair play. That's your perception.

Maybe if I watched seasons 2 and 3 I'd change my mind. But that is unlikely to happen as I didn't enjoy the first season enough to justify watching it over other shows which I'm yet to see.

I haven't denied it. In fact I specifically said I agreed with the fact that it's an interesting (albeit heavily recycled) scenario. Social commentary? I guess there are elements of that. But again I wouldn't say it was anything particulalry unique to this show. But fair enough.

All I said was that the endless string of cliches, poor acting and what i perceive to be substandard dialogue was enough to put me off.

Justify my argument? What argument? It's an opinion. The cartoon reflects my thoughts on the show. That's why I posted it.

You're the one turning this into an argument. I've already said that's only my opinion, I can see why people like it, and fair enough if you do. If you disagree and see it as well scripted then fair play. That's your perception.

Maybe if I watched seasons 2 and 3 I'd change my mind. But that is unlikely to happen as I didn't enjoy the first season enough to justify watching it over other shows which I'm yet to see.

I think any Zombie TV show keen to talk psychological, philosophical and social commentary is fairly unique not wholly but it is sufficient enough.

Endless cliches? It is a Zombie TV show after all. However there are a few twists and as yet the viewers are still in the dark about many aspects of how, why etc. Now a cliche would obviously use aforesaid plot and scenario from other media in this ilk but we are yet to know full details...

You're the one turning this into an argument.

So i'm not allowed to debate with you and bring forth material as to why you are incorrect based on the aforesaid script incorporating characters and their symposium on moral obligation, philosophy and such forth? Argument, point of view, debate they are all interchangeable words to denote the nature of our communication upon this subject :D

Again, please note I am not ear-marking The Walking Dead as a piece of TV history like The Sopranos but I think you do it an injustice to say the script is poor considering the range of topics covered etc.

FWIW, the end of Season 2 redeemed itself as the beginning of the season seemed to be heading for overplaying the morality of the situation and the consequences of the characters and their actions.

its pretty crap to be honet but she is FIT! Same goes for 'New Girl' the asian looking girl is hot.
I loved New Girl. There, I said it. Had me in stitches. Now, I grant you that my opinion suffers from the fact I will forever be dewy-eyed over anything and everything the lovely Zooey is in (I like to call it the "Dewy-Deschanel System") but dagnabbit I thought it was great.

tumblr_lw83b5p2fT1qf3nggo2_500.gif

I think any Zombie TV show keen to talk psychological, philosophical and social commentary is fairly unique not wholly but it is sufficient enough.

Endless cliches? It is a Zombie TV show after all. However there are a few twists and as yet the viewers are still in the dark about many aspects of how, why etc. Now a cliche would obviously use aforesaid plot and scenario from other media in this ilk but we are yet to know full details...

You're the one turning this into an argument.

So i'm not allowed to debate with you and bring forth material as to why you are incorrect based on the aforesaid script incorporating characters and their symposium on moral obligation, philosophy and such forth? Argument, point of view, debate they are all interchangeable words to denote the nature of our communication upon this subject :D

Again, please note I am not ear-marking The Walking Dead as a piece of TV history like The Sopranos but I think you do it an injustice to say the script is poor considering the range of topics covered etc.

FWIW, the end of Season 2 redeemed itself as the beginning of the season seemed to be heading for overplaying the morality of the situation and the consequences of the characters and their actions.

You're perfectly entitled to argue and debate, I've never said otherwise. My point was it's one sided. I'm not trying to change your opinion. Nor am I likely to change mine just because you throw some big words at me and tell me I've missed all these underlying philosophical and psychological scenarios (again, none of which counter anything I've said)

Anyway, I'm bored. Enjoy the rest of the show.

its pretty crap to be honet but she is FIT! Same goes for 'New Girl' the asian looking girl is hot.
I loved New Girl. There, I said it. Had me in stitches. Now, I grant you that my opinion suffers from the fact I will forever be dewy-eyed over anything and everything the lovely Zooey is in (I like to call it the "Dewy-Deschanel System") but dagnabbit I thought it was great.

tumblr_lw83b5p2fT1qf3nggo2_500.gif

I'm a recent convert. It's great. And Zooey is ridiculous.

Nor am I likely to change mine just because you throw some big words at me and tell me I've missed all these underlying philosophical and psychological scenarios (again, none of which counter anything I've said)

When you stated that the programme wasn't well-scripted I addressed the themes of psychologial, philosophy and the moral implications moulded into the fabric of the protagonists via script and dialogue.

If the programme was terribly scripted they would not discuss these issues and instead possibly discuss much more trivial matters.

Philosophy and the whole moral question is paramount to the programme and this could have been up to the viewer to draw their own conclusions and indeed it is but the characters are also discussing these matters through the script which brings the writing to the forefront.

Anyway, I'm bored. Enjoy the rest of the show

Somehow I'm not the least bit surprised about this retort...there must be some cartoons on?*

*Only joking 'Stevo' :winkold:

Nor am I likely to change mine just because you throw some big words at me and tell me I've missed all these underlying philosophical and psychological scenarios (again, none of which counter anything I've said)

When you stated that the programme wasn't well-scripted I addressed the themes of psychologial, philosophy and the moral implications moulded into the fabric of the protagonists via script and dialogue.

If the programme was terribly scripted they would not discuss these issues and instead possibly discuss much more trivial matters.

Philosophy and the whole moral question is paramount to the programme and this could have been up to the viewer to draw their own conclusions and indeed it is but the characters are also discussing these matters through the script which brings the writing to the forefront.

Great. If that's what you take from it then fair play. Again, I haven't really disagreed with any of this.

Somehow I'm not the least bit surprised about this retort...there must be some cartoons on?

I genuinely don't know why you're so angry about this.

the "Dewy-Deschanel System

I am also a user of said system, she has also made it onto my top 5 laminated list which is usually only reserved for English based hotties as I have a higher chance of meeting them.

Somehow I'm not the least bit surprised about this retort...there must be some cartoons on?

I genuinely don't know why you're so angry about this.

I think he played one of the Zombie extras and you missed the psychological distress of having no morality that he so subtly but superbly portrayed :)

Â