Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Season 2 is definitely weaker than 1 imo but still very good. Episode 9 is a corker.

Possibly the greatest success of that show is just how much is can manage to make you hate some of the characters.

S2E5 is the episode where the editors 'Cut, to tits!' button breaks.

Esme Bianco (aka Ros)... drooldrooldrool... terrible, terrible things.

Ah yes Ros. I would love to have been a fly on the wall when the show's producers first talked to George R. R. Martin about inventing Ros' character because it does seem to me like she was created for the show just to shoehorn in a few pretty raunchy sex scenes. Not that I'm complaining of course, that scene in the first season where she is effectively having a job interview by going to town on the other girl in front of Littlefinger was pretty nice, even if it was made slightly uncomfortable since I was watching with my dad.

Still, they seem to do a relatively good job of making Ros fit quite nicely into the story with regards to her generally being used to give the audience insights into other characters (Tyrion and Littlefinger in season one, Joffrey in season two etc.) so I can't complain. Just considering the sheer amount of characters in the books, you'd think the TV show wouldn't be adding their own characters too, but in her case it works.

However, I think the talent in season two is a marked improvement on season one. Rose Leslie as Ygritte and Natalie Dormer as Margaery Tyrell being my two favourites. Lena Headey doesn't really do anything for me, not sure why. Considering Cersei is supposed to be the most gorgeous woman in Westeros (in the books at least) I just thought the actor they chose would be hotter. She does act the part pretty well though to be fair to her.

Just watched season 2 episode 5 which apparently is the first episode of the entire show without any tits in it. :lol:

There's actually an exec producer on the show who pushes for as much nudity as possible.

Neil Marshall, one of the directors has spoke about it

The weirdest part [of directing Game of Thrones] was when you have one of the exec producers leaning over your shoulder, going, ‘You can go full frontal, you know. This is television, you can do whatever you want! And do it! I urge you to do it!’ So I was like, ‘Okay, well, you’re the boss.’”

This particular exec took me to one side and said, ‘Look, I represent the pervert side of the audience, okay? Everybody else is the serious drama side, [but] I represent the perv side of the audience, and I’m saying I want full frontal nudity in this scene.’ So you go ahead and do it.

Channel 4 now. Gordon Ramsey goes to Brixton prison to teach convicts how to cook and so they can potentially have a career if/when the leave. Really good show so far, and some of those convicts are actually good cooks. I am a big fan of Gordon Ramseys shows.

The food they eat then gets sold to the public. Would you eat food made by convicts? No chance.

Channel 4 now. Gordon Ramsey goes to Brixton prison to teach convicts how to cook and so they can potentially have a career if/when the leave. Really good show so far, and some of those convicts are actually good cooks. I am a big fan of Gordon Ramseys shows.

The food they eat then gets sold to the public. Would you eat food made by convicts? No chance.

You've never been to McDonalds?

Why not?

Unless they're looked up for poisoning random members of the public then what's the issue?

Why not?

Unless they're looked up for poisoning random members of the public then what's the issue?

Seriously, they are dodgy characters inside for all sorts, hygiene wont be high and they might spit or put stuff in it.

Channel 4 now. Lifers programme about the notorious prison in Leicestershire who house convicts who have done murders. It makes me angry at the cells they get, decent sized rooms with a TV. UK prisons should be like those Thai prisons. Hell on earth.

Now I am really pissed off. One chav scum from Stoke was like "I love it in here, 3 meals a day, I can play PS3, play football on the court, play snooker, watch TV, listen to music, its kushty, I wouldnt want to leave prison now".

Makes my blood boil.

It's also bravado for the cameras, isnt it? Everybody wants to look like the big man on TV. I can do all the stuff that bloke says too, but when I get my cock sucked it's by my wife, not Gripper Harris from C Wing.

I know a few people who have been to prison, unfortunately it is like that. Not a deterrant at all. If you have killed someone, you should have no rights. Anyway I think is for the other topic on things that piss you off.

That Welsh guy wasn't right in the head. How do you feel about murdering someone? I feel bad but it's good that I've now got some qualifications. Nutter.

Anyone watch True Blood? I've been watching the new season which has been airing in the states the past few weeks.

It's very, very silly but I do find it entertaining, especially Jessica.

Â