Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

I am watching "Last War Heroes"

Its great, its about the ordinary soldier and his experience and feelings and thoughts from D-Day to Berlin. Its not about history as the generals saw it or as a war historian saw it.It is about the ordinary bloke in the front line.

It's also bravado for the cameras, isnt it? Everybody wants to look like the big man on TV. I can do all the stuff that bloke says too, but when I get my cock sucked it's by my wife, not Gripper Harris from C Wing.

The funniest thing I've read on da Internet this year

I know a few people who have been to prison, unfortunately it is like that. Not a deterrant at all. If you have killed someone, you should have no rights. Anyway I think is for the other topic on things that piss you off.

I think murder should be 99 years and every other offence should be 6 months for the first offence,BUT those 6 months should be the worst 6 months of your life.They should be so bad that you say FFS I am defenitely not going back there.

6 months for EVERY other offence apart from murder?

So if I raped a small child I'd be out in 6 months?

Doesn't sound like a very good system.

Read the rest of it again.

6 months for the first offence,BUT the important part is where I said those 6 months should be the worst 6 months of your life.So if you have not learned anything frome those first 6 months then you get 10 years mininum of the same treatement.

I read it, and understood it. But the point remains, I'd be out in 6 months.

Ok maybe I'd have learnt my lesson and I'd never do it again.

But would you be happy if you're daughter was raped and the guy was back on the streets in 6 months?

Nope. I'd cut his dick off and flush it down the toilet before killing him. It would be totally worth six months in prison. ;)

I read it, and understood it. But the point remains, I'd be out in 6 months.

Ok maybe I'd have learnt my lesson and I'd never do it again.

But would you be happy if you're daughter was raped and the guy was back on the streets in 6 months?

I see where you are comming from.

My idear obviously needs a bit more thought.

It's worth a separate thread. Jail systems over the centuries have tried every method. There is a science to it. What to do with a prisoner. Rehabilitate or destroy. PussEKatt's "worst 6 months of your life" seems to me like you want to go down the road of destroying them effectively ending their life of being anything positive going forward. I don't buy into that approach. I think there's a balanced medium where prison is far from a holiday camp but that you are useful when you get out. How to achieve that is the hard part.

The trouble is these things are open to systematic or systemic abuse. For example in the USA most inmates are forced to work in prison. It's effectively slave labour. You are put inside for next to nothing and you are put straight to work for the state. They have 5% of the world's population and 25% of the world's prison population. Most of whom are working for nothing or as low as doesn't matter. An elegant solution to the abolishment of slavery indeed.

My mistrust of the people who implement these systems and their motives behind it means I don't believe we will ever have a working and effective system. But it's certainly not something to be simplified or trivialised.

Nope. I'd cut his dick off and flush it down the toilet before killing him. It would be totally worth six months in prison. ;)

Ah, but you apparently get 99 years for killing him.

Just mutilate him beyond recognition, cut off all his limbs and turn him into a comatose vegetable.

As long as he's still alive afterwards, you'll be out in time for christmas

That Welsh guy wasn't right in the head. How do you feel about murdering someone? I feel bad but it's good that I've now got some qualifications. Nutter.

Yeah he was the craziest of all. The situation with him and the murder he did started because England lost on penalties to Portugal at the 2006 world cup and he was happy, because he hates the English. A perfect example of some people taking football too seriously.

Ah, but you apparently get 99 years for killing him.

Just mutilate him beyond recognition, cut off all his limbs and turn him into a comatose vegetable.

As long as he's still alive afterwards, you'll be out in time for christmas

Sadly not now. Its only five months and three weeks until Xmas. :(

I've been catching up on season 4 of Breaking Bad in preparation for season 5 next month.

It really is an excellent show, Bryan Cranston is a superb actor.

Watched the first part of the BBC's 'Hollow Crown' season earlier. They're doing the series of 4 history plays Shakespeare did that 'chronicle' the fall of Richard II and rise of Henry IV, his reign, and then his son's war in France (so Richard II, Henry IV Part One, Henry IV Part Two and Henry V). It was great - I'm not a huge Shakespeare guy, let alone his historical stuff, but it was just superb. It looked fantastic, everyone knocked their roles out of the park, and it stayed engrossing.

The flaws it had were flaws of the subject matter - I've never enjoyed a lot of Shakespearean dialogue, which is made worse in Richard II because the entire thing is in verse. And its nature as a character study crossed with a political intrigue narrative leaves little place for action or spectacle, but it was still a really good watch.

My understanding of these plays is that Richard II is one of the least popular of the series and also considered by most, the worst, so it bodes well for coming adaptations. Especially as Tom Hiddlestone (aka Loki) is playing Henry V and from the ads and trailers looks like he's enjoying himself. Well worth getting into I suspect, the first adaptation will be iPlayer for a while since it's a special production, I recommend it if you don't absolutely despise Shakespeare.

I've been catching up on season 4 of Breaking Bad in preparation for season 5 next month.

It really is an excellent show, Bryan Cranston is a superb actor.

Just watched all four seasons this past week. The two last episodes of season four were so good.

Started watching "touch" having sky + 'd it some time back

I really like it , ok Southerland only has one facial expression but I like the concept and how they link the random events

Started watching "touch" having sky + 'd it some time back

I really like it , ok Southerland only has one facial expression but I like the concept and how they link the random events

Right there is the standard opinion of someone who's only seen a few episodes. After a while you'll tire of the fact that every episode is the same.

Â