Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Yeah Touch was okay. Got a bit repetitive though.

About to give Newsroom a blast... it looks good!

Watched all 3 series of Black Books this weekend, absolute classic. Shame Dylan Moran doesnt do more television.

touch needed a stronger central theme IMO rather than just 50 minutes of coincidences tied together at the end, still ok but could have been better, at least it was one of the shows i got in to that actually got a 2nd series, everything else recently has been cancelled

I just learned that one of my coworkers, an aspiring actress, has won a role in Boardwalk Empire.

With any luck, HBO's Execuive Vice President of Tits will be on the job...

I've been watching homeland, I dont normally watch series and things like that I tend to get about 4 episodes in and then lose all interest

started watchin it last week when I was looking after me mom n dads dog (me dad has got the whole series recorded) I've quite enjoyed it to be honest only got 2 episodes to watch now

Watched Storyville : Hitler, Stalin and Mr Jones which looks at the starvation of the Ukraine under Stalin in the 1930s. It's available on iplayer here

It's an often overlooked but important part of 20th century history.

I said a while back. I do actually really like Dynamo's show.

But I actually hate him. He's such a little snot rag.

He is indeed - from the scummiest of sink estates, Holme Wood in Bradford. I'd never heard of him until a few months ago when I went to the local ASDA and there was a massive queue around the block (security bouncers and all) of people wanting to see him do a personal appearance and get DVDs autographed.

Dunno why they bothered - I walked straight past, got my shopping and strolled over to have a look. He did some card tricks which I imagine have been done since Victorian times. Big deal.

Seemed like a typical Holme Wood scrote.

Dynamo's close up tricks are all straight off the shelf stuff IIRC, he only appeals beyond anyone else on the level that he dresses them up a little with streetwise style. And he doesn't have any charisma at all I agree. He actually appears to not really have a personality, a bit vapid.

The bigger stuff he does is largely stooges and editing, I agree.

On the TV front, second part of Hollow Crown is on tomorrow, Henry IV Part One, with Jeremy Irons in the title role and Tom Hiddlestone beginning his run in these plays of playing Henry V. Should be better than last weeks, as nobody likes Richard II and quite a few like Henry IV Part One.

Dynamo's close up tricks are all straight off the shelf stuff IIRC, he only appeals beyond anyone else on the level that he dresses them up a little with streetwise style. And he doesn't have any charisma at all I agree. He actually appears to not really have a personality, a bit vapid.

The bigger stuff he does is largely stooges and editing, I agree.

On the TV front, second part of Hollow Crown is on tomorrow, Henry IV Part One, with Jeremy Irons in the title role and Tom Hiddlestone beginning his run in these plays of playing Henry V. Should be better than last weeks, as nobody likes Richard II and quite a few like Henry IV Part One.

(1) Dynamo's 'personality' is very similar to that of Fabian Delph. Also from Bradford.

(2) Agreed about The Hollow Crown. I only saw parts of R2, and was a bit disappointed. H4p1 looks promising though.

Why all the hatred for Dynamo? Who cares where he came from?

Are we using that against people now?

He may edit some things but the guy is an absolute genius in his field and fully deserves all the celebrity that comes with it...

a friend of mine who works for the BBC knows him very well and says he is a top bloke who was determined to make it out of his "scummy" background and therefore put hours and hours of practice in in his bedroom while everyone else was torching cars....

he realised from a young age he was weedy and not one of the "cool" kids so put all his energy into his magic....

he's worked incredibly hard to get where he is unlike a lot of people on TV..

i actually admire that

I never said anything about where he came from.

As I said, I think he's very talented. But everything about him, his face, his voice, his body, his movements, his size just makes me dislike him.

He looks like someone's popped an outfit from a ken doll on a rat.

Â