Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Finally gotten around to watch The White Lotus. It's rather good. 

The whole atmosphere in the show is great, the characters are spot on and funny but not in a over the top ha-ha way.

There is also some very nice eye candy

• Like 1

Started all or nothing toronto maple leafs 

I have zero interest in hockey, never watched a game of it but I love all or nothing and **** the juve series 

Its definitely not as good as the NFL series though, only one episode in but it feels like they can't cover the games, they skim them and can't add story to them because there are so many whilst at the same time it doesn't manage to slow itself down enough to really capture the human side, it's all a bit too quick 

• Like 1

It's probably the weakest All or Nothing series. It's still decent, but very much feels like they were struggling with it - they don't really have much of the human side of things because of the Covid restrictions evidently, and also tbh there's not really any characters in the group, and the squad is small, and nothing particularly interesting actually happens. 

You kinda get all of the downsides of a bad All or Nothing series, but exacerbated with a small number of pretty dull players in a bad situation for personal drama, combined with a very limited pool of teams to add to the sporting drama. Kinda like doing an All or Nothing series in an alternative universe where the PL is a 5a side league where just the 'big 6' play each other 15 times a season and we follow a Liverpool side of 5 cloned James Milners.

Or one in the SPL.

Going to watch "A Very British Scandal" in a bit.

I can't think of anything more alluring at Christmas that Claire Foy gobbling the beef bayonet.

57 minutes ago, stuart_75 said:

Finished Dopesick on Disney+. Fantastic little series, but my only gripe was the constant time shifting back and forth, there wasn't any need for it IMO.

Michael Keaton was great in it.

Just finished episode 1 and enjoying it so far but completely agree with the time jump issues. 

Finished Ted Lasso (went away with 1 episode left 🤦‍♂️) it's brilliant, best thing on TV conversation brilliant, it's also quite deep in places without being overbearing, there's a lot of mental health stuff there 

Also finished the witcher, not a clue what was going on for half of it, which from memory was the same as the first season but this was a lot better, much more streamlined and conventional, very watchable, if anything it maybe needed a bit more human on witcher violence and gore because I thought the choreography worked better than vs the monsters and was just more fun 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

The book of Bona Fett ep1 up on Disney now, damnit, I thought it was all being released together to binge. Looking forward to this.

You may have a completely different premise with Bona Fett. 

• Haha 2

Â