Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Just watched the first ep of The Rig. Some sort of mystery/thriller/drama thing on an oil/gas rig that has a very cheap 90's horror movie feel about it. It looks awful, comically bad CGI and the characters are all stereotypes. I'm fairly sure it's going to be terrible but the thing is I like these kinda things :D 

A group of people isolated meets unknown danger and something something happens. Obviously this is not going to be The Thing but on a oil rig but maybe it isn't a complete dumpster fire. After all both Ser Jorah Mormont and Alliser Thorne are in it.

13 hours ago, Rodders said:

Treason 😂😂 

Honestly the worst show I've seen. Scripted by a cliche algorithm. Just so silly. Its like editors excised 12 episodes of the show and left the skeletal remains.

I thought the twists were very predictable but I do like a political thriller no matter how absurd they are 😂

On 06/01/2023 at 19:54, sne said:

Just watched the first ep of The Rig. Some sort of mystery/thriller/drama thing on an oil/gas rig that has a very cheap 90's horror movie feel about it. It looks awful, comically bad CGI and the characters are all stereotypes. I'm fairly sure it's going to be terrible but the thing is I like these kinda things :D 

A group of people isolated meets unknown danger and something something happens. Obviously this is not going to be The Thing but on a oil rig but maybe it isn't a complete dumpster fire. After all both Ser Jorah Mormont and Alliser Thorne are in it.

Finished the whole series, seen a lot of these actors in stuff like line of duty, so it's a great cast , that's where all positives end, this was up there with one of the worst shows I've sat through, storyline is awful, makes you think who the hell hires these terrible writers to start with

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Finished the whole series, seen a lot of these actors in stuff like line of duty, so it's a great cast , that's where all positives end, this was up there with one of the worst shows I've sat through, storyline is awful, makes you think who the hell hires these terrible writers to start with

Finished it too. I got just as bad as I thought it would. They should have made a horror series instead.

On 03/01/2023 at 17:06, Follyfoot said:

Start the new Jack Ryan tonight. Very hopeful based on the first two series

Three in and good to be fair with the plot quite relevant to things happening in the real world.

Mr Ryan is using more braun than brains than in the books which is a tad disappointing but I suppose action sells for the screen and being a third series this rings true. 

The highlight for me is Greer (Bunk from the Wire) great actor and character 

However, I think the main man has had a nose job as it is not as bulbous as it was in season two.

solid 7/10 so far 

Found some repeats of Early Doors on BB4 late last night.  I’m guessing they could all be on BBC Iplayer?

For anyone that hasn’t seen any of this classic sitcom, it really is very good and well worth a watch.  The two police officers crack me up every time.

”to the regiment”  🫡

Edited by ferguson1
  • Like 3

On 06/01/2023 at 20:35, Rodders said:

Treason 😂😂 

Honestly the worst show I've seen. Scripted by a cliche algorithm. Just so silly. Its like editors excised 12 episodes of the show and left the skeletal remains.

I've started it and oh look, the daughter behaves like a dick evading her security and gets kidnapped in the first episode.  What a **** surprise.  

I am a bit late to the party on this but just finished Dopesick (on disney+). About how a pharmaceutical company triggered opioid addiction in America. Only 8 episodes but it is really intense and a tough watch as it is sad in parts and makes you angry and frustrated as it is based on true events. Well worth watching though with some great acting.

• Like 4

I think Dem has mentioned it but I'll repeat his recommendation, Tulsa King with Sly Stallone is great fun. Just don't expect any great acting from him! 😀

Edited by stuart_75

The last of us is getting good reviews, can't wait thats my highlight for the year

Did see a minor spoiler on one of the expansions, they've spun one of the games notes in an episode

Spoiler

Frank is in it! Sounds like Bill and Frank get their own episode

The Last of Us reviews really are very good.

I shouldn't be shocked as the game's arguably got one of the best stories ever, so adapting it shouldn't detract much, but still my faith in game adaptations is low. Apparently they have made a few changes and expanded a few things which all add to it.

I shall have to investigate.

It'll be particularly interesting to see what a non-gamer audience makes of it. Unfortunately I doubt we can rely on @mjmooney to review it ;)

Edited by Chindie

Finally watched the Queen's Gambit. Excellent series! Only flaw I have is (not really a spoiler but can't be too careful)

Spoiler

her descent into alcoholism felt really rushed. Just like one scene to the next and everyone is like "yeah we've been worried about you". It's been 2 minutes!

So could've had another episode. But brilliant overall.

• Like 2

Â