Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

7 hours ago, theboyangel said:

I was apprehensive about the show, thinking it would be one long drawn out sketch so was very surprised by the overall emotion of it and how good it was!

I really enjoyed it and loved the second season too. 

Funnily enough I’m really not enjoying the second season. It hasn’t started well. The Christmas episode was spectacularly bad. 

But hoping it picks back up

• Like 1

20 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Loved the first episode of Reacher - hopefully the rest of the series is as good! 

certainly have got the feel of the books down well. 

2 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Just finished it, quality and a great nod to fans of the books at the end

Just finished this as well. Highly enjoyable, all the main players were likeable especially Reacher and Roscoe. 

Hope they keep it going, no danger of that I would have thought as fans of the book seem to really like it and it's just bloody good entertainment.

I really want some peach pie.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Just finished this as well. Highly enjoyable, all the main players were likeable especially Reacher and Roscoe. 

Hope they keep it going, no danger of that I would have thought as fans of the book seem to really like it and it's just bloody good entertainment.

I really want some peach pie.

Spoiler

I hope they do bad luck and trouble if they do another one. That features all  of the special investigators )who are still alive at that time) including Neagley who featured in this 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Follyfoot said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I hope they do bad luck and trouble if they do another one. That features all  of the special investigators )who are still alive at that time) including Neagley who featured in this 

Haven't read the books so have no idea how faithful this is but it feels better then the Cruise films, don't get me wrong, I liked the first one a lot, one of little Tom's better action films. Seeing this now though and seeing this Reacher, I can see why book fans weren't happy with him stealing Reacher for himself. Surely he can't make another film after seeing this guy in the role.

23 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Is Reacher a one book one episode type of series?

I'm halfway through the books at the moment...

No mate all 8 episodes are based on the first novel the killing floor, It’s a pretty good facsimile of the book as well👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Haven't read the books so have no idea how faithful this is but it feels better then the Cruise films, don't get me wrong, I liked the first one a lot, one of little Tom's better action films. Seeing this now though and seeing this Reacher, I can see why book fans weren't happy with him stealing Reacher for himself. Surely he can't make another film after seeing this guy in the role.

I agree I think Cruise is finished in the role if there is another film. I just hope they make as many series as possible now as I like the eight episode format per book. He’s not quite as intimidating as Reacher is in the books but he is as near to it as you could get on screen

• Like 1

Just watched episode one based on the reviews on here.

Thought it was very good, much better than the films, and as near as you could get to how I imagine Jack Reacher to be. The way he reels off stats and his views on a case is exactly how it comes across in the book.

Looking forward to the rest of the series.

• Like 3

Anyone on here watched Archive 81 on Netflix? A great little spooky thriller that goes to some very interesting places I thought, really enjoyed it watching an episode a night with my girlfriend (I think you’d probably find it hard to binge) definitely will have to look out for the lead as I hadn’t seen him in anything before but thought he was very impressive.

1 minute ago, Eidolon said:

Anyone on here watched Archive 81 on Netflix? A great little spooky thriller that goes to some very interesting places I thought, really enjoyed it watching an episode a night with my girlfriend (I think you’d probably find it hard to binge) definitely will have to look out for the lead as I hadn’t seen him in anything before but thought he was very impressive.

That’s next on my list - after finishing Reacher. 

if you like spooky thrillers, check out Midnight Mass (also on Netflix) 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mykeyb said:

Game On, BBC comedy from yonks ago. Found them on YouTube.

Some genuine laugh out loud moments..........

I watched them a few weeks ago. Great nostalgia. Funnily enough, the theme song was played on the radio earlier. 

I think I actually prefer Stuke to Chaplin as Matt. 

Great time the 90's

2 hours ago, Eidolon said:

I did, thought it was great. 

Finished Reacher this evening, loved it and hope it's not a long wait for season two. 

Oh and @Follyfoot Bad Luck and Trouble was the first Reacher book I ever read, got me hooked.

Until last years, which is just boring and half read in the cupboard, Lee should rethink his retirement. 

• Like 1

Finished Reacher last night. Thought it was excellent and kept up the sort of page turning effect of the book. The actor has nailed the character as well. Just the right amount of violence without it being too John Wick. 

Spoiler

The scene where he hangs the bloke with his tie off the fire escape was brilliant.

Also, boobs.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, rjw63 said:

I did, thought it was great. 

Finished Reacher this evening, loved it and hope it's not a long wait for season two. 

Oh and @Follyfoot Bad Luck and Trouble was the first Reacher book I ever read, got me hooked.

Until last years, which is just boring and half read in the cupboard, Lee should rethink his retirement. 

Agree, something not quite right since he has shared writing duties, real shame as the release of the new Reacher book was an exciting event. In addition to BLAT would like any of the others that have ex Villa players as key characters 

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

3 episodes in to Reacher and I'll be honest I am struggling to concentrate whilst watching it. I do like it but I do find myself on my phone a fair bit and not really paying attention so I am slightly lost. It will probably be something I watch again properly if it gets renewed for a second season

Â