Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

I enjoyed Witcher season 1 despite it being relatively average TV. Season 2 is definitely better imo; it’s much more focused where the first season was quite disconnected in places. I thought the actress that plays Cirri did a good job this season after being a bit meh last time around. Jaskier is much better for being used more sparingly.

That said, it feels a little short (even though it’s 8 hours) because it doesn't advance the  story that much. I hope season 3 isn’t too far away, it feels like the show is hitting its stride now.

Edited by Panto_Villan
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, sne said:

A western show starring Sam Elliott and his glorious mustache, count me in.

Have watched the first two episodes and it's pretty good, some good strong characters already. Don't know much about Tim McGraw but he has very good screen presence in this, his James is the strong quiet type.

It has a Lonesome Dove feel to it, that's a good thing.

• Like 2

S2 of The Witcher was ace. Then again I really liked S1 so no surprise I like this one.

The Witcher is how to do a good book adaptation despite changing stuff. There are some who could learn a thing or 10 from it. I'm looking at you Wheel of Time, for shame, for shame.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, sne said:

S2 of The Witcher was ace. Then again I really liked S1 so no surprise I like this one.

The Witcher is how to do a good book adaptation despite changing stuff. There are some who could learn a thing or 10 from it. I'm looking at you Wheel of Time, for shame, for shame.

Good to know. I'll be binging that over Xmas and I really enjoyed S1.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Just watched the Wheel Of Time ep 1. The female Gandalf has already put the fellowship together to go on their quest. Speedy.

(I haven't read the books so I don't know how they compare to the TV)

That's probably the best way to enjoy it I'd imagine. 

1 hour ago, sne said:

That's probably the best way to enjoy it I'd imagine. 

Can't say I'm sure about that. Onto ep 3 now and it's dull, extremely derivative and completely lacking in imagination. And the dialogue is dreadful....

• Like 1

On 16/12/2021 at 21:00, theboyangel said:

Landscapers on Sky Atlantic was pretty phenomenal! 

only 4 parts and well worth checking out.

Olivia Coleman and David Thewlis were terrific! 

I’ve been binging it tonight. Half way through so far and it’s really very good. 

• Like 1

On 19/12/2021 at 09:17, Panto_Villan said:

it’s much more focused where the first season was quite disconnected in places.

I did the like the little quip they made about this in the review of one of Jaskier's songs.

Â