Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

If were going abroad......

We aint going abroad, we have MON in charge.

Cue the Carew-Baros swap...Boring.

We need to scout europe more. We wont. Thats why we wont finish higher than 6th next year.

Hold on...Arent we signing Carlton Cole? Forget 6th. lets try 3rd....

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If football manager is anything to go by we should invest our next 3 season's worth of revenue and transfer funds into getting guiseppe rossi, and then build a team around him.

and then sell him for 60+ mil, and buy a mediocre team with the proceeds. done.

Apparently, Joe Cole is off and Chelsea are after Bennynoon according to The Guardian.

Joe Cole would be a good signing if he's over his injury problems. He'd offer us some smart attacking play but I'm not sure where he would fit in exactly.

Any news of Defoe being in a sutton hotel room yet?

Apparently he's bunked up with David Bentley.

When Chelsea are letting someone go due to wage demands, I think we'd have to be put off. Papers are saying he wants 100k a week! 8^|

Except if he cost nothing we could afford to pay him more. If we pay him £50k a week more than we would like to that's £10m over four years which sounds like a cheap price for Joe Cole.

I would agree that its a great theory except you would have a queue of players at MON's door asking for more money when we are trying to trim the wage bill and I also doubt he would go to a side outside the Champions League.

Arsenal it is then.

For the big(ish) name foreign striker that people are after i think we should look no further than Villareal.

They have two very decent strikers there at a club smaller than ours, and they failed to qualify for Europe.

Theres an outside chance M'ON has heard of Rossi and Nilmar as Rossi spent time playing in England and Nilmar scored against England (with a header too, he does love a target man)

I'm probably dreaming but thats what this thread is all about.

Also while i'm here... Weren't we definitely going to sign de Guzman from Feyenoord in January? What happened there? From what i can see on the ever reliable wikipedia it seems that he had lots of injury troubles but is now on a free? Worth a gamble now surely.