Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keane :puke: - past it and would offer us very little.

Doyle :| - so average.

Any Irish striker ever :puke:

Belhadj :bonk: Nuts

Richards :puke: Technically he has pretty much zero ability and lost pace when he bulked up.

Ireland :| an inconsistent pisshead.

Dorrans - I've never seen play so can't comment.

I'd quite like Clyne though.

Im sure you where one of the peoe saying dunne was shit last summer,Doyle is a great player and would do very well in in our team.

I would imagine Lex would be fully behind any of the Irish players or from the list above if MON chose to buy them.

Who exactly do we have who is as good as Pato, Ronaldinho, Zambrotta, Nesta, Gattuso or Pirlo?

You forgot "used to be" (with the exception of Pato and to a lesser extent, 'dinho). The rest have been injured, absolutely dire, or both for a good two seasons now.

People seem to forget Milan smashed United for 75 minutes in the 1st leg only for an incompetent keeper they would have had more to play for at Old Trafford.

MIlan>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Villa. sorry but its true and will be for a long time

Keane :puke: - past it and would offer us very little.

Doyle :| - so average.

Any Irish striker ever :puke:

Belhadj :bonk: Nuts

Richards :puke: Technically he has pretty much zero ability and lost pace when he bulked up.

Ireland :| an inconsistent pisshead.

Dorrans - I've never seen play so can't comment.

I'd quite like Clyne though.

Im sure you where one of the peoe saying dunne was shit last summer,Doyle is a great player and would do very well in in our team.

I would imagine Lex would be fully behind any of the Irish players or from the list above if MON chose to buy them.

I was against the signing of Dunne and didn't think it would work out but I was very, very, very wrong - he's class.

However, and this is the important part, I am perfectly willing to give players a chance. Whoever MON signs I am willing to give them my support because unlike a lot of people, I realise that I don't know as much as one of the best football managers around in Britain - I'll quite happily eat my words and admit I was wrong if they do well for us because all I care about is the team in general and getting results.

People who obviously have too much time to waste form a vendetta against a player before we sign them, then just wait for the first moment for them to **** up and boo them till their lungs bleed. **** that for a game of soldiers.

Is it just me who really doesn't expect any new signings this side of the WC? I'm not bothered, actually. I just don't expect anything to happen before mid july.

Shame would have been a decent addition at that price.

he we really wnated zigic we would have got him as we are bigger, have europe and w3hat do they have? we should all know that twattum is taliking shite anyway because he is aying they beat citeh to signing him!!!

as if he would go there ahead of citeh with all their money.

that article is laughable and i dont believe it for a second

Is it just me who really doesn't expect any new signings this side of the WC? I'm not bothered, actually. I just don't expect anything to happen before mid july.

Not just you, this is what I think as well.

Carrick has done very well for an 'average' player.

good PR and agent can do that for you plus helps that he is English :)

Playing the whole game in two Champions League finals and winning one of them (scoring a pen in the shootout in the process) takes a lot more than a good agent. Nationality has nothing to do with it; you could even argue being English has had a negative effect due the pressure and scrutiny from the press.

Jamie Carragher has played in 2 Champions League finals. Doesnt mean he is/was a good player.

He was fantastic in one of those finals too. You're just digging yourself a hole.

Which final? 2005 where he was torn apart for 3 goals in the 1st half and introduction of Hamann saved a thumping or 2007 were he lost Inzaghi for teh winner.

Yes, he was single-handedly at fault for all 3 goals :? The sort of commitment he showed throughout the second half was second to none while also playing through cramp. It was everything you could want from a centre-half. I hate Carragher personally but he was fantastic that night.

It was everything you could want from a centre-half.

I'd want my centre-half to help make sure we weren't 3-0 down at half-time.

I wouldn't care if we won the European cup.

Indeed. But just winning the European Cup doesn't mean it is necessarily through a spectacular defensive display.

Apparently Villa are interested in Egyptian striker Aba Ben Arna

I've seen him play and he has skinned a few defenders in his time and does a celebration that involves doing the splits but he isn't the bravest and has been described by some as being a bit yellow. He is only young though so is still ripe.

As conceeding 3 goals isnt the fault of one CB.

No, it's the fault of the defence.

To return to my original point, I'm not sure that any game which provided "everything you could want from a centre-half" would see said centre-half's team concede three goals in one half.

Are you seriously disagreeing with that?